I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

First day of class for the spring term.. not bad, actually. I had EECS 376 at 10.30 till 12.30, then it's off to Central Campus to get my blood taken out ( kesian orang tak makan tau since semalam sampai kol 1 tadik sebab die soh fasting before the sample is taken ). After that, balik bilik, makan chicken wings, slept for about half an hour, and then gie balik central for my second class of the day: American Culture 340 -- African American Cinematic Experience. Hehe.. basically what we're supposed to do was watch films in class, discuss, and turn in 2 papers, one worth 40% of the grade, the other 60%. Our textbook: the script to "The Matrix". Hahaha... sonok, plus one of the film assignment is to watch "The Matrix: Reloaded". Woo-hoo....watching pop culture movies for credit sound like my kind of course. We watched Spike Lee's "Bamboozled" just now, which I find quite difficult to watch because the racism and stereotype in the film was really thick, and the film seemed a bit too preachy. Plus the swear-word abundancy in it did not help matters one bit. But it did helped me understand more about the stereotype surrounding african american people, though I did stay after class to ask Prof. Boyd about some stuff that I didn't quite grasp.

Can't wait for "The Matrix: Reloaded" to come out, but don't get me wrong, it's purely for..ermm.. academic reasons. After all, it is part of my assignment ( muahahaha... and pigs are flying through the air right now hitting everyone's windshields.. samak samak ). Currently, I have "Smallville" tuned on, uikk... mamat Clark tuh dah pandai tunjuk bontot skang, muahahaha.... arghh!! My eyes, my eyes.... are perfecty fine, hahaha....

I have to finish setting up my room, and then finish my reading assignment for my EECS class.. ho-hum... okay, ciao! Assalamu'alaikum...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: