I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, February 02, 2003

MY PAMPER KIT
Now, all of the girls who know me, know that I love pampering myself with the good stuff, and I have recently managed to obtain decent things that make up a decent pamper kit that I wear at least during the weekends, just to lift my spirits and basically be a girl. If you're a girl and you got time to spare, read on, if you're a guy, you can skip this entry:

1. The Body Shop Africa Spa Rich Cocoa Body Balm : This is a body moisturizer made out of cocoa and shea butters from Ghana. Super moisturizing, super
yummy smell, an absolute life (and skin) saver during the harsh winter months. It lasts all day, and it's easily absorbed by the skin, leaving a nice tingly feeling. I love the
jar it comes in. Main reason I bought this was because it reminds me of my mom, who introduced this to me in the first place ( love my mommy... she's the coolest ). The
packaging also includes a tag that says, and I quote: " ...everytime you butter up you are helping build the farmers of Ghana a better life". So not only do I get to have
yummy skin, I also get to have a clean conscience that it's not just me being vain, but I'm actually helping farmers everywhere... in Ghana, at least. Also helps me give an
excuse to my dad if he ever asks where did all of my scholarship money go ( Dad: Where did your scholar money go? .... Me: I used it to help farmers in Ghana, Daddy (
cue wide, innocent eyes and your-babygirl-can-do-no-wrong look )... hehe, just kidding, dad, love you too very much )

2. The Body Shop Illuminating Treatment with Kinetin: Haven't used this for long, but this claims to help even skin tone and texture. Dunno about that yet, but this
definitely takes away the tight feeling in your face that you get after cleansing. Will report more after longer usage.

3. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub: Contains salicylic acid, helps prevent body breakouts. I don't have any yet, but you never know when these things suddenly
decide to happen. Besides, it's a body scrub, good for the days when I want to get dead flakes out of my skin.

4. philou Shampoo and Detangling Cream in Bubble Gum : To be honest, I grabbed these off the clearance shelf in Meijer because they look cute in their bottles and
the bubble gum smell is really yummy (and the're cheap). Hopefully I won't regret the purchase.

5. L'Oreal Plenitude Futur.e Moisturizer: Contains SPF 15 and pure Vitamin E. I wear this during the daytime for sun protection and to moisturize. Non- greasy,
great purchase.

6. Scholl Softening Lotion: If you have feet, get this. Pamper one of the most hardworking part of your body once in a while ( aside from the brain; then again, I've
known people who decided to forsaken the gift of thinking and behave like complete assholes instead ). The lotion smells and absorbs great, apply after using the pumice
stone on your feet, and you'll have feet worthy of the most baring of strappy sandals

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: