I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, February 01, 2003

h e L L o <---- wann tulis

Just a poem to start off the blog with ... my 5 minute poem ( thought of it and got in done in the space of 5 minutes )

Footsteps

sank my toes to the wet sand
hoping to leave a mark
know when the tide comes in
the indent will fade with the rushing sea

try to sink deeper
and deeper still
but the sea is relentless
merciless in it's pursuit
carelessly brushing away
footsteps in the sand

move further from water's edge
on to dry land
no longer leaving footsteps
no mark to say
I was there

realization blooms
I'd rather leave instances
of my footsteps in the sand
than to have never left a mark at all....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No comments: