I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, February 20, 2003

MATH 217 QUIZ TOMORROW
Okay, I tried studying tonite, but because of some personal problems, I just couldn't. And it's not like I didn't try to put it at the back of my head, I did, but it just wouldn't go, so I might just as well jot something down for today, since I'll be leaving for Illinois tomorrow and have the unfortunate (?) luck of not being able to write for tomorrow.

Right now I'm listening to some of my favorite stuff, and I realize that in my playlist right now, I have songs that I wouldn't have really listened to when I was in high school. I mean, I used to adore Boyzone, the Backside Boys (typo intentional), Spice Girls, and the like. Y'know, fluffy stuff. Now, while I do listen to the occasional Kylie and Britney and Christina (when I'm at the gym, great songs to work out to), during the normal times of the day, when I just wanna sit back and relax, I have , in my playlist: The Juliana Theory, Dishwalla, Course of Nature, Hoobastank, Johnny Society, Jimmy Eat World and the likes (with a couple of songs from Incubus and Chad Kroeger's "Hero"... oh yeah, and "Jump Around", that one had a bunch of people in it). My favorite song right now is, peculiarly, is Sixpence None The Richer's "Breathe Your Name". It's cute, hehe... but I really like the songs from The Juliana Theory, Dishwalla and Course of Nature, I have them played over and over again in my MP3. Weird... I still have the boyband and girl group songs in my comp, but I never listen to them anymore. It's stupid things like these that reminds me how things change over the years., even something as simple as music selection.

Today's weather was pretty good. It wasn't hot, but it wasn't stinking cold either. Most of the snow melted today, I'm almost afraid of what the weather's gonna be tomorrow since today's was so good (please be good, pleasssseeee..... ). I remembered when it was snowing earlier this week. It wasn't cold, but we had all this snowflakes falling in abundance, the fluffy kind, not the annoying kind. A lot of them fell on my coat while I was waiting for the bus, and as I watched closely at each of them, it was the first time I really appreciated how truly pretty snowflakes are. The hexagonal shapes are incredible, each flake different from the other, and I realize that human technology can never create something as beautiful as this. This is nature at it's best, and this is just one of the many proofs of how great our Creator is, a little reminder of how small and insignificant we are compared to His greatness. Here we are, so proud of our accomplishments and thinking how we're so better than everybody else, when there will always be He who is greater than anything and everything. As I look at the snowflakes on my coat, marveling the beauty, I just felt very, very blessed to be able to have all of my senses so that I can experience something as simple as falling snow. Hehe... some deep thoughts for a minute..

Okay, back to frivolous stuff... actually I have none on my mind right now. Things are pretty screwed up in my head, I barely have time to do anything except my homeowrk, studying, my program, and my weekly gym sessions. Right now things in my life are kinda messed up, hope I'll find a way to sort this out, especially a big misunderstanding about intentions, so to any of my friends who haven't gotten my full attention lately, be it on the phone, chatting, or any other areas, really sorry, bit preoccupied, will get this sorted out. Till later, ciao and A'kum...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: