I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, February 16, 2003


CHICAGO TRIP AND 1ST TIME DRIVING ON FREEWAY EXPERIENCE

I am so freaking tired today... semalam gi Chicago and balik in a day... bertolak kol 10 lebeh, balik kol 2 pagi. On the way pegi ade Hasdi, me, Teh and Sofiah. So basically no worries there. Hehe.. pelik tgk ayat-ayat signboards kat freeway. There's one from Deja Vu Showgirls: "we have 1000's of beautiful girls and three ugly ones." Errmmm..interesting slogan. Apsal diorang sign-sign macam tuh kat tepi jalan, budak-budak tak cukup umur tengok free aje.There's another one from ape kompeni ntah: "in the mood for nude?"..uisshh... I still remember, mase kecik-kecik tengok iklan and it sticks with me sampai besar, macam iklan Kellog's Frosties and "Tora datang lagi". Imagine budak-budak kat sini bace those boards, absorp what's written, and grow up to be horny SOBs. Where did the age of innocence go?


Sambung cite... sampai kat Chicago, gie pick up Kak Izzat from her house kat Arlington Heights, and then baru gie umah MSD. I was so freaking hungry mase tuh sebab mule-mule berlapar nak save perut makan. Sampai kat umah Tuan Haji, hehe.. qada' breakfast and lunch, and dinner the day before jugak; in other words, makan tak ingat dunie. Food sangat-sangat sedap ( nasi himpit, rendang, kuah lodeh, kuah kacang, ayam sup, dessert ade kek sedap ngan agar-agar talam) , though the best part of the whole thing was seeing some of my old friends from PPP, budak-budak Illinois: Tet, Sheila ngan Ainur. Sonok borak-borak pasal random stuff. Sheila ade rambut baru seh... Ainur jadi hairdresser, siap kalerkan and tolong potong lagik. Lawa-lawa :) ... Hehe.. diorang ajak gie Illy spring break nanti, but we'll see camane... Had a great time there, but all good things must come to an end. After making (fake) promises to come to Illy bebile (muahahaha...kidding... kitorang betul-betul nak datang...dun weri), and saying goodbye, ( sempat jumpe Ilham sekejap je), all of us headed back to Kak Izzat's place. There, kitorang lepak tengok cite Life or Something Like It (Angelina Jolie movie) and makan spaghetti goreng plaks. Makan je keje the whole day. After that, Hasdi, Teh and I headed back to Ann Arbor, since Sofiah is staying for a job interview that she has.


Anyway, dari situ ler mule things going haywire sket. I was supposed to be the navigator (interesting concept, since nak bace map pon tak betul), but I ended up driving back for a while since Hasdi mengatuk sgt, which is understandable sebab die yg drive pegi Chicago gilir- gilir ngan Sofiah. It was freaky sebab dah almost a year tak drive on the road betul-betul, and to drive on the freeway, night time plaks tuh, was a little unnerving sebab dah lame sgt tak drive. It was downright freaky when I realize (mase I was already driving) , that kalau kene pull over by a state trooper, I don't have any license to show. Nasib baik kete ade cruise control, so I just maintained above 60 mph and didn't pull any stuntss, except nak overtake satu je (satu je tau) truck. Needless to say, my 1st driving experience kat US (tolak that time test-drive kete Naddo), was me on the freeway, at night, with no license. Giller..... Hehehe.... admittedly, mase tuh bace ayat Quran byk-byk. Teh kat belakang tuh pun rasenye dah freak out dah tuh with me driving. Muahahaha.... I am never, ever going to drive on the freeway again without my license and using someone else's car, tobat, tobat...... sangat-sangat freaky for me mase tuh. Kalau orang lain biase buat, that's them, for me, I like things more ordered kalau bab-bab driving nie ( ordered meaning ade lesen and bukan orang lain punye kete... kalo langgar pape smalam naye je...).


Sampai Ann Arbor kol 2 pagi, and promptly forgot to take my digital camera from Hasdi's car, tuh yang takde lagi gambar nak upload. Tunggu dapat balik camera, then we'll see some pics :). Okaylah, mau mandi, so later y'all.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: