I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, February 15, 2003

Barely 2 hours ago, Valentine's Day ended. I celebrated mine with a much gusto as I can muster; needless to say, I didn't give it much thought at all. The day went on as usual for me, classes in the morning, gym afternoon, studying at the Media Union in the evening till late night. Unfortunately, when I was out, Jennifer called to tell me there's a party going on tonite at goodness knows where ( she didn't mention it in the message), and I missed out on my only chance to make something interesting out of my Valentine's Day. Oh well, at least I got some work done. Would have been nice to be out socializing though, *sigh*.... Jen, how did the whole date with Pete go? Tell tell tell...

Anyway, today is Saturday, and a bunch of us are going to MSD's open house... err.. or open office.. or whatever ... for the Raya celebration. It's gonna be in Chicago, a good 5 hour drive from here. I feel like an idiot going to this because it's gonna be 10 hours in the car, and only a few hours at MSD's office, but I just feel like going. Never mind the piles and plies of work I have. Never mind that I just got my sucky linear algebra result. Never mind the EECS 280 program about pictures of deers wearing top hats that I have to do. In another 7 hours, I'm gonna sit in a car, sleep, wake up, have free lunch, sleep on the way back, and watch TV when I get back home . My Saturday in a nutshell. If I'm lucky, we'll be back before 10 pm and I can make an appearance at the crew house shebang going on later this evening, but I'm guessing I'll be too tired to go. Still, ya never know... ( missing a Valentine's Day party sucks big time... *sigh*... waaaa!!!! )...

Just now at MU's Espresso Royale, I saw a bunch of people doing the swing (a type of dance), and I remembered the ballroom dancing class I took the first fall I was here. That was a lot of fun. I learned how to waltz, swing, rhumba (though I can't remember the rhumba steps that well), and even a little bit of cha-cha. Man, I miss those dance classes. They were a lot of fun to go to. The part I love most is the open dancing they have from 8 to 10 pm. They played different kinds of music continuously so you get to practice the moves you learned before. I always manage to partner with people from the internediate and advance classes, so I get to learn a few new moves. Good thing I catch on fast when it comes to dancing. I had a blast, maybe I should take it up again sometime...

I better get some sleep, early day tomorrow. I just had a freak out in my room because I couldn't find my favorite red "tudung", have to wear a peach one instead, good thing it still goes with my kebarung... Till I have something to report.......

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: