I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, February 03, 2003

Bismillah...

Yay, dah ade chatterbox kat website. Yelah, yelah, big deal, but it is for me orang yang sgt2 jahil in-tenet nie. Feel free to kutuk or compliment, though please do more of the former than the latter ye people. Ade orang surprised that my site is pink, ade ke... out of all the girls kat MIchigan nie I think I'm the one voted Most Likely To Have A Totally Pink And Girlish Website.

Anyways, just now I watched High School Reunion. Amazing to see people make total asses out of themselves on camera. Makes me wonder how things go when the camera isn't rolling; the ass-O-meter must have went through the roof straight to those places where no man has gone before (cue Star Trek soundtrack) Why do they call these shows "reality TV" when all of us know that the reality factor goes straight out the window when the camera is on? In the end it's just another orchestrated mumbo jumbo cooked up by the big TV producers to get us hooked on the idiot box. Best thing about the whole shebang is... it worked. Boy, did it ever. People (present company included) can't seem to get enough of these people supposedly living their lives on TV. Or at least their love life ( The Bachelorette, Joe Millinaire ). I thought it's a girl thing, but guys seem to be hooked on them too. I do notice, though, that the longer the sshow runs, the less appealing it becomes, at least to me. Blame it on my short attention span and.... oops, lost interest in finishing that sentence already.

This brings me to my favorite reality TV show, American Idol (is it appropriate to call it that? it is set in the real showbiz world and it is a show). I admit that the sole purpose of me watching the last few episodes was to see Simon reduce many of the superstar wannabes to piles of emotional wrecks or psychos hell bent on seeing nuclear war start in Hollywood, or at least in Simon's crib. I admit he is a bit cruel, then again, some of the contestants were really, really bad. Like the creepy Edgar guy. Or the girl who sang so slowly that seasons changed before she got to the end note. Hehe... definitely enjoyable. However, now that they've cut down the list to the selected few, I'm really looking forward to hearing quality vocals out of them, even if it does mean no more sarcastic comments by Simon.

Okay, class starts early tomorrow, so I better go to sleep... zzz... Assalamu'alaikum...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: