I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...
Hehehe... dah sampai Michigan dah. Setelah sekian lame tak update blogger, akhirnye kene jugak update sebab dah kene marah and siap dapat threats macam "Cepat lah update, kalau tak aku pancitkan tayar kete ko"... which would make sense kalau ade penah ujud my own kerete. Cube buat research dulu kalau nak buat statement2 bernas camtuh....

Ade byk bende nak cite... byk sgt sampai tatau nak start kat mane. So marilah kite start je kat random events yg meaningful sikit... setakat shopping trips tuh sume dah tau how those go. I go shopping,blow loads of money, balik umah kene marah, then besok do it all over again. Though one shopping trip was special because I got to see Yanie and Wana!!! Halluuuuu Yanie and Wana!!!! Hahaha... love my ex-roomies. We went to Mid Valley, makan kat Chilli's, shopping-shopping for stuff, kacau2 my cousin (well that's only me, but still... diorang ade kat situ). Tukar2 cerite about our life. *Sigh*... I do miss my PPP days...

And then there's Fairuz's bro's wedding, the only wedding I did manage to go to sepanjang ade kat rumah (I missed Irfan's, Hasdi's, Syikin's, a couple more others... oopsy). Actually, pegi wedding tuh pun sebab nak gather budak2 sekolah rendah and hopefully plan a proper gathering. Hakim, whom I haven't seen for 4 years, picked me up, and then we picked up Harith and Andri at SKSHAS, our ol' sekolah rendah. Sampai kat rumah pengantin, met up with the rest of my x-shoolies who could make it. There's Fairuz (of course), Hakim ngan dik die, Sareque (with new toyboy in tow... hahaha.. jk Reque), Zalina and Friend, Amilin and gf, Bina and bf, Harith, Andri, Inda, Roza and, surpisingly, Toh Puan Hjh. Fatihah, our old cikgu kelas mase darjah 6. Hahahaha, okay....

Next up.... BBQ at my house, a.k.a gathering of my friends, tak kisah lah sekolah rendah ke, menengah, matriks, or from Michigan . Gatal tak mau catering, buat sendiri, last2 separuh mati jalan kehulu kehilir nak layan org. Nasib baik I'm fond o these sort of things, so penat pun tak kisah, puas ati tgk sume org enjoying themselves. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to invite everybody due to the fact yg Jumaat malam decide nak buat BBQ, spnt Sabtu gie wedding and inviting people, an Ahad was the BBQ day. Hectic hectic....

I miss my house. I miss my parents. I miss my siblings and sister in law. I miss my darling niec and naughty nephew. I miss my cousin calling me up out of nowhere, either for a chat or to take me out for a drive. I miss shopping at One Utama and Mid Valley and 'kutuk'-ing Sunway Pyramid. I miss swimming at my Shah Alam condo. I miss the late-night drives through KL. I miss the LRT and the dozens of public tranports readily available to poor people like me who don't have their own cars. I miss not having to actually walk anywhere because I can pick up the phone and say "Pick me up boleh?". I miss my cell phone. I miss my niece, miss my niece, miss my niece.....

I've only been back in Ann Arbor for 3 days and already I can't stop thinking of home.

Wassalam....

No comments: