I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum....

I officially have the weirdest school schedule in the history of my education. My earliest class is at 12.30, and the latest my class ends is at 7 pm. 7 freakin' pm!!! Average time I finish class? 6.30 pm (holy shit!! ). Best day of the week? Thursday, when I only have one class and it goes from 12.30 to 1.30 pm. Why is my schedule so "cantik"? MDE, or Major Design Experience, three EECS courses one has to take as part of the whole torture program. I decided to do it this semester since I couldn't figure out yet what courses I wanna do, and MDE is required, and also because I don't feel like oing out in the middle of the night during my winter semester. Freezing my butt off in a late-evening class in winter is not how I plan to spend my last undergraduate semester.

Last undergraduate semester.... I honestly cannot believe 4 years has already past. I didn't expect to spend 4 years of my life in such an academic and emotional roller-coaster. I was realistic enough to not expect it to go smooth all the time, but to suck a whole bunch of times? I had to work more than I did during my SPM years just so that I can get by with passable results, and even that backfired last semester. This semester I soooo need to redeem myself, or else there is no point of my travelling all this way to go to the US to study when I could have done better at home. Failure, and being average, is not an option. Not this time, when I did so badly last semester. So there you go... studies, work, sorority stuff, and of course, bulan puase (yeay!!!). Sums up my semester....

True to my form, I forgot to pen in last night, and decided to do it this morning. Last night Deera, Alisa, Hanis and I went to the pre-class bash. I think we were jinxed, because as soon as we arrived, it started to pour really bad. Isn't that something. They should put us in the middle of the desert, we'd turn it into a "hutan khatulistiwa" in no time. Keskeskes...... worst thing about it was riding on the bus. Oh... my.... God... (*gag*). Bottom line: susah jadi species2 orang yg same aras dengan ketiak org lain, phuuuh. 'Nuff said.

It's almost 10 o'clock in the morning, my class starts at 12.30, maybe it's a good idea for me to take a bath and relax first before jumping into the whole first-day-of-class thing. Plus, I have a sorority chapter tonight, with the very ominous message of "wear clothes that you don't really care about, or your swimsuit ith shorts". Aaaa? Am I gonna get wet? Pelted with water-filled balloons? Paint that stupid rock again? Mud-wrestling?(start sarcarsm) People at the Media Union would looooove that. (end sarcasm)

I bought the Michigan Planner on Sunday. They have stickers at the back to put in to remind yourself of stuff. There are 27 Test stickers, 27 Project due stickers, 18 work out stickers..... and only 9 Party stickers. Ominous ominous .....

To my darling friends back in the land of Anwar-free Malaysia, "sa rang jae" (I love you in Korean)

Wassalam....

No comments: