I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, September 17, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum....

I'm at work right now, and I have nothing to do. Katharine's out to a meeting, I completed her list of task yesterday, and now Erin and I are both just sitting around the office on our computers just waiting for our shift to be over. Such joy. Everyday should be like today. I mean, think about it, I get paid to sit around and I get to boast on my resume that I do actual PR work (which I do excellently, I might add. PR is so much fun). I haven't really got time to pen in these coupe o days, so to those who absolutely live for my writing (*wink wink*), sorry about that. I'll try to remember to pen in daily so that all of you won't feel at lost when looking at the screen and see the same entry over and over and over...... (heheh... note the sarcasm)

Anyway, let's start with Northfest. That was on Tuesday. It was fun, I had a lotta fun sitting at our booth and saying random hellos to people walking by. Sarah asked if I knew all of them, I said no, I only know a few. So we worked out kinda a system to prey on unsuspecting young ladies to join Phi Rho. I would smile, say hi and beckon them to our booth, while Sarah would explain what we do during meetings and the social events we have. Sophia did a great job all by herself due to the fact that she was a telemarketer for 3 years (did I mention from before that I looove her haircut? It's so cute ). Best part was that all of us, and the people who came to our booth, got a free massage from Suzanna, a masseuse from goodness knows where. She's excellent, seriously. My neck and shoulders felt so much better after she had her way with them.

I'm hoping that Nik and Ali wouldn't wanna kill me for setting Rob loose on them... at least I think his name is Rob. For the purpose of this entry, let's just call him Rob. Anyway, Rob is a Triangle alumnus who's trying to get the fraternity back on campus. He was standing near our table with a bunch of Triangle stuff. And who had the misfortune to walk by but Nik and Ali, on their way to ME class. You poor, poor male species, you.... I smiled, told Rob that they're engineering students, and Rob took it from there by giving his schpeel (I think that's the term you use when you pitch your frat or sorority to someone). Poor Ali and Nik.... sorry guys!! Anyway, Rob was so impressed by the way I waylaid people all morning, he kept teasing me ("Am I allowed to give you grief?") and calling me "Miss Fawcett". Fortunately enough I'm a good sport about it .... and I had class to go. So that was that.

Later in the afternoon, Deera and I had our dance class with Mas Wasi and Mbak Oliv. We actually learned something new today instead of the normal blah stuff we did, and later after class we had some french fries and bubble tea at Bubble Island. Yummm.... actually my cheese french fries didn't come from Bubble Island, they came from that place beside East Quad that I never bothered the learn the name. That was the most unhealthy meal I've had for the last 2 weeks. I'm sad that McDonald's is not in Pierpont anymore because I can't get any cheap meals, but it's forcing me to down healthier foods instead of burgers and fries. Deera and I finished half of our fries and drinks at Bubble Island before going back up to North.

Wednesday... let's see, what happened then? Nothing that I can really remember, so it's probably not worth mentioning. Oh wait, I had my doctor's appointment and I had my insurance waived at the International Center. People, get your insurance waived NOW or else you'll get billed for 200 bucks.

Thursday.... I had my Architecture class, and I got my assignment back, with marks I can be proud of, thank goodness. The it was work, and off to gamelan class. Wait, did she write gamelan? Yes I did... I never really had much interest in it in high school, I was always more involved in the choir club, singing was my "thing", heheh.... but I just thought, heck, why not give it a try here since I'll be earning a credit anyway, so it's not a total waste of time. It wasn't that bad, I expected to screw up since I wasn't there for the first class and therefore, missed learning the song, but it only took me a few minutes to get into the rhythm of things. Thank goodness. The only uncomfortable part for me was when a blind student brought her seeing-eye dog into class. I mean, I'm all for equal oppurtunities here, but being that close to a dog, no matter how good he is, creeps me out. But the dog was good throughout the class, so after a while, it was easy to forget he was even there.

Friday.... currently working (yeah, right) , then a doctor's appointment again, then off to dance class, and then to my major design class. Fridays and Mondays creep me out because of my design classes, I always wanna wet myself. Did I really expect it to be quite so simple to get a degree..... err, yes. That's it, if I get to grad school, I wanna do financial engineering and work with money... my passion :) .

Okay, that's long enough, sorry for the abrupt goodbye but I really gotta pee. Ciao, peeps!!

Wassalam....




No comments: