I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum....

Yesterday we had our EECS 497 meeting, and I ended up working with Kate again this semester and another girl. Yeay!! This would have to be the first EECS class where I have an all-girl team. Chicks rule!! Anyway, we'll be (trying) to develop an online EECS advising service. We were put into groups of three, and the other girl is Liz who seems very techie (well she does work at the CAEN lab). I'm kinda jealous of the other groups who get to do cool stuff like turning a cell phone into a response keypad, or games for PDAs and iPods, in fact, there was this one dude who wanted to work on touch-pad for ordering drinks in a bar. However, I do want to work on something that's more web-related something the students might benefit from, and online advising would be kinda nice :). It won't stop me from drooling over other people's project, but this should be fun.

I had to go chalking at the North Campus Diag yesterday, so everyone walking on NC today would see my amazing talent at .. ermm.. writing. Heheh.... We have Northfest today, and I'll be at Phi Sigma Rho's booth this morning, from 11-12 pm, so if anyone wanna stop by to say hi or get some info about the sorority, you're welcome to do so. Oh, before I forget, if you're interested and would like to meet some of the actives and get more info, we have mass meetings today, Tuesday, at 7.30 pm in 1017 Dow, and another tomorrow, Wednesday, at Mojo, 7.30 pm, main Jordan door. Just pick one time and go. I'll be at the one held at Dow, so maybe I'll see some girls tonight!

Just one more item of interest before we get back to my life (oh joy..). Starting this year, some of the Triangle alumni would like to re-establish the Triangle fraternity here in Michigan. If you're wondering what Triangle is, it's a fraternity for male students majoring in engineering and hard sciences, such as biology, astronomy, chemistry etc. They're currently looking for people of all class standings to help them set-up the fraternity back on campus. So it doesn't matter if you're a senior and you're graduating, you can still be involved. Personally, I think it's kinda cool to be one of the pioneers, you get to have your name in the book as the starting chapter, and frat members will remember you for years to come. And if you're a senior, you won't be in the frat long enough to be sick of it, heheh, but you get the recognition of being one of the starting members. Us girls at Phi Rho are helping to recruit new members, so if you're interested and you're at the U-M, you should know my email address by now, just drop me an email and I'll forward it to my president.

Okay, enough with that item of business. After chalking yesterday, I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep, it was a long day. And I think today is going to go even longer, I have Northfest to go to at 11, then class at 12.30, maybe UHS after that, then dance class at 5.30pm, then the mass meeting at 7.30 pm. Oh, such joy it is to have my days filled with absolute crap. If you're saying "You have that big break between the 12.30 class and the dance class", then you should know that until I've finished every class, there is no break for me. I haven't done afternoon naps for a year, unless one class was early morning, like it ends at 11 am, and the other starts at 6pm or later.

Okay, I am outta stuff to write. so ciao people and havva great day!

Wassalam...

No comments: