I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, September 10, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Waking up at all hours in the morning...okay, make that wee hours in the morning.... is starting to become a habit with me. Luckily enough, today it wasn't my fault. No, seriously, it wasn't. At least that's how I see it, if you don't agree with me after reading this next paragraph, well, I don't really give a damn, haha..... Let' start with the freakishly violent nightmare I had (this one is different from the previous night's)

I fll asleep at around 11 o'clock after indulging in a couple of hours of TV, the CSI marathon on SpikeTV, to be exact. Anyway, I feel asleep in the living room, under my comfy quilt, with my head rested on my pillow and my hand clutching the teddy bear Ayun gave me last spring (that thing is so comfy... *sigh*....). Anyway, I must've dozed off somewhere in the midle of a CSI episode, when suddenly I woke up again... or so I thought. Everything was slightly blurry at the edges, I could recognize things but couln't make them out clearly. I realized, duh!, I don't have my contacts on, so I tried to reach out for my specs, which I usually put beside my pillow, when I heard this noise (cue the creepy Twilight Zone music). I stood up -- dunno why the hell I did that -- and saw two people crouching behind my couch, the one near the door. I tried to scream, but I couldn't, because suddenly my throat we filled with phlegm (ewwwww..... must be because of the sore throat I'm having). I wasn't sure what to do....so...

I pretended to faint instead, trying to buy time. I felt one of the strangers come near me and pin my chest to the ground. My eyes flew open. What the f*** .... all the rape-murder stories I read in Malaysia came rushing back, not to mention a few graphic episode of CSI. I saw the stranger hold a power drill (holy shit!), and was aiming it somewhere near the bottom of my throat. The other person, from the sound of it, was ransacking my bedroom.

My only thought then was "Kalau tak buat pape.... I'm definitely gonna die". Damn bastard was blocking my airway with one arm and holding the drill with the other. Stupidly enough, he left my arms free, probably because he thought I was too paralyzed to do anything. I grabbed the power drill, and pointed it away from my body. We wrestled for a few seconds....

Then I woke up. My first thought was... "I'm alive!". I sat up, checked around my room, and everything looked in order. My chest was pounding so loud and fast that I could hear every single heartbeat. My room is kinda chilly, so I didn't wake up sweaty, but I was out of breath, like someone did block my throat. The scary part for me, aside from the nightmare itself, was feeling that if I didn't find it in me to push the drill away and not freeze completely, I really would've died in my dream.... and I wouldn't have been able to wake up in the real world. Freaky...

Okay, so you cynics out there would probably be thinking "Macam-macam.... is she really serious?". But I've been getting bad dreams and nightmares for days in a row, since the weekend, so it's definitely not a game or a sympathy-bait for me. As a result of this particular nightmare, I woke up, read the Yaasin to calm myself down, and couldn't sleep until now. Dang it, I need my sleep! I can NOT go on like this every night.

I'm not looking forward to today. I have work from 11 to 2, then dance from 3 to 4.30pm, then EECS 497 from 4.30 to 6.30pm, and the there's meetings and assignments to do because my weekend is completely filled (UMIMSA meeting Saturday morning, a might-be meeting afternoon, canoeing on Sunday, sorority chapter afterwards). Good thing I had that pesky Arch 411 assignment outta the way.

Okay, better get started on things before work..... ta peeps!

Wassalam....


No comments: