I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum....

It's 9.19 on a Saturday morning. yesterday was the latest that I slept, like 2 something. Usually I'm out cold by 12, hahahah. I'm so not suited to be a CSE student. Anyway, I'm paying for it today. Today is all about homework. I have slides to do, photoshop assignments to make, AutoCad assignment to do (I haven't even figured out the dimensions of my dream house yet), and of course, research for XHTML and HTML and CSS. Holy crap. And best of all, Liz hasn't given me the damn Photoshop CD yet, so now I have to haul ass all the way to the Dude to get my work done. I woke this morning wanting to cry so bad. To top it off, I've been running in and outta my room this week that I didn't have time to do much of anything, and now my living room looks like hurricane Ivan and hurricane Jeanne both went through it.

Last night was spent filling out applications for a job and finding what cell phone. (*Incoming sarcasm*) Yeah, a lot of good that did, the cell phone-searching, I mean. We ended up using the same cells that half of the girls in Michigan are using, hahahah. It was a close call between a Nokia that can send video messages, and the Motorola. Ended up with the Motorola. My second brother would be so jealous, he loves that brand. Nik wanted to get a Blackberry one that looks like the discarded love-child between a keyboard and phone. Yeah, that's not gonna happen. And yesterday I found the Amoi handphone that Deera was telling me about. Yes, the brand name is Amoi, much to my chagrin. The cells themselves are pretty cool looking, a lot of them are flip phones, and unfortunately most of them are dual-band. There is a pretty green one that's kinda cute, but the specs just doesn't compare.

Anyway, enough about that. Yesterday had to go to work, of course, and Erin and I both manned the Mini Courses booth again. So I had the dubious honor, again, to smile at random people and hope that they would come over to sign up. I was telling Erin how I want to learn o type properly, you know, with my fingers on the proper keys, the "reach-and-type" way. Erin told me they learned that in middle school because it's a basic thing to learn, quite a necessity in fact. I wish our schools have that, I'm sick and tired of looking at the keyboard instead of the screen and making grammar mistakes and typos. Spell checker can't get everything, you know.

After that it was off to dance class, and then putting in a deposit for our canoeing/kayaking trip on Sunday (can't wait for that one), then it was off to home. I have a Sara Lee cheesecake in my freezer, which I polished off two slices of it yesterday. But I didn't cook much due to the fact that I wanted to finish my job application before the due date on Monday, and that thing is tedious. Let's just hope they want me after I graduate, working with an established company like that for a few years would probably give me more options on who I want to work for when I do go back home. My sister-in-law told me countless of times, "Tak payah lah nak balik awal-awal sangat kalau boleh carik keje kat US tuh". What I actually wanna do is my masters, but since that's not gonna happen anytime soon.... :( ......

I have to go now, get me some breakfast and then of to work again. Au revoir, mes amis!

Wassalam....


No comments: