I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, March 15, 2003

GREETINGS FROM THE MEDIA UNION
It's Friday night, and I'm at the MU... studying. On a Friday night. Go figure. Guess That's the price you pay for bring CS major... Actually I think I would be home sleeping right now if it's not for the fact that I have 2 exams next week, back to back, plus I have a killer program due, and the weekend before it's due, my ex-roommate from Illinois, Soon Sim, is coming to Michigan for a visit. I don't wanna be stuck in my room all the time doing hw while she's here, so I'm basically starting early so at least I can spend some time with her and Joanne without freaking out (much) that I have a program due and I haven't started and woe is me and shit like that...
Okay.. so my life right now is going on as usual... no major things happened... since I know I'm not gonna get to do any enjoyable things for the time being, I decided to take some pleasure in the simple things in life. Like the other day, during ECS 203 lecture, there was this one guy who not only slept during lecture, but siap mengigau lagik. He actually made this really loud sound, and I did all that I could to keep myself from laughing out loud. I think it's the same guy who slept through lecture last time and snored.
I received a parcel from mummy dearest yesterday, filled with Maggie goodies, one telekung, a few hijabs and a picture frame. I put a picture of me and my nephew in the frame, wonder how he looks like now... missing home a lot actually. Wish I can go home this year, but I can't, so might as well stop fretting and concentrate on other stuff.
I decided to participate in a study research conducted by the kinesiology department. Well, I haven't actually signed up for it yet, but if everything fits in my schedule, I'm definitely gonna do it. Basically they're gonna do a series of tests and blood samples, I get to stay at the hospital for one night, and get paid for all the crap I'm gonna have to go through. Who says easy money is easy?
My height of stupidity: just now I was in the elevator at the EECS building ( I was submitting a hw), when I accidentally pressed the alarm button in the elevator. The alarm gave a loud "BRRING!!!" for about a milisecond, but it was enough to make me jump out of my skin. Stupid alarm button is where the "door close" button is supposed to be, and I just realize that stupid elevator doesn't even have a "door close" button. Stupid stupid stupid. Another idiotic thing I did: there was this one evening I was waiting for the Bursley-Baits bus in front of Pierpont Commons, when I saw it coming towards the bus stop behind the Northwood bus. I spaced out for about a second while walking towards the bus, thinking about if I should come back to MU later that evening to study, walked up the steps of the bus and continued spacing out.... until the bus turned to the corner towards the Northwood apartments. I had gotten on the wrong bus. Shit, I thought. Luckily, someone had pressed the stop button ( or stop strip, whatever) and the nearest bus stop close to the gym, so I got out and began walking, just in time to see the bus I was supposed to get on stop at Bursley. So I walked, thinking, Okay, I hope when I get to the Bursley bus stop, there would be another bus to bring me back to Baits. Just as I was crossing the street, ANOTHER bus came and "whooshed" (okay, that's not a word, but who cares? It's my story) past me. I made a mad dash for it thinking, Shit shit shit shit shit..... Needless to say, I missed that one too, and and after yelling "Oh come ON!!!" (that got a few "Are you freaking crazy?" looks from some people who just got off the bus ), I made my way home, walking. So sad.
I'm actually using this ergonomics keyboard right now that I don't think it's meant for people who still have all of their fingers intact, and I'm getting annoyed because I'm typing real slow, so basically I'm gonna stop now and continue later. Later.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: