I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, March 17, 2003

AGREE TO DISAGREE
Not everyone agrees with what other people's thoughts. Even those who can usually see the merits in any idea, sometimes would find one thing that make them go "Okay, try as I might, I just don't think this is right/wrong/possible/impossible"..... Problem arises when two people who disagree on certain issues meet up with each other. Sparks fly (and I do not mean the good ones ). More often then not, someone, if not both, end up getting hurt, even though it didn't start off as a possible "let's quarrel" situation. But that's the way things work sometimes; it gives us a chance to debate and make opinions heard... we just have to find a better way to do it instead of going on a word-shooting fest.
Why don't we agree to disagree. State our opinion in a calm fashion, and realize if he's/she's going to change his/her mind anytime soon, it's not gonna happen by shoving your ideas down his/her throat. For instance, I believe that one is committed to something ( like an administrative position or being part of a group ), one should be fully committed, even if somewhere along the way, there might be a small conflict of interest (not anything that would compromise my beliefs, but maybe inconvenience me a bit, like having to go to group meetings when I have an exam ). I think of myself as having a responsibility to those who are also involved in whatever it is that I'm involved in. I've made the mistakes of letting other people do my share of the work, it didn't feel good ( I felt really guilty, and there was this one time it came back to bite me in the ass ) and I felt I was cheating everybody. Now, if I know before hand that I won't be able to commit, then I'd rather not be involved at all.
Others prefer the "have fingers in differents pies" approach... they sort out what they think is priority, and come time to choose, commit to one at the top of the list. See, I can't do that.... I'd feel too guilty, plus the fact that I'd be missing out on a "process" being done in the "lower priority" stuff makes me freak out a bit.. I like things done a certain, and while I do trust people enough to let them do things their way, I do want to know what's being done just so that if anything goes wrong, I won't have this negative feeling about blaming someone else for it... I mean, if I know what's going on, and something goes awry, the I have myself to blame for not noticing things. "Fingers in different pies" approach is definitely not for me, and I admit to being guilty of getting annoyed with people who do take the approach, especially if they have something else to do and I end up having to do most of the work. Ususally I'm okay with it... for like the first three times... but after that, I would probably be thinking "Why the heck did you agree with this thing on the first place if you can't commit to it?"
I guess that's around the same way I view a relationship/friendship... I've never given up yet on anyone... until that someone gives up on me. I would stick it through, no matter how mush he/she made me cry or hurt my feelings or basically ruin everything for me, "sabar itu separuh daripada iman". I'm not a good girl, but I am patient with people, impatient with situations. Only a selected few people I can truly be honest with... people I know who love and care for me enough to listen to what I have to say, know that I don't mean to hurt but rather want them to hear me say "This is hurting me, I'd really like it if you can stop"... and it's these same people who I can ask back "Tell me what I did wrong" and they can be completely honest with me (with deceiving that everything's okay when they're not ), and yet not using the oppurtunity to being honest as a mean to hurt me or bring me down....to those people in my life, thank you for being there for me, because it is you that I think of when I count my blessings.
Last night, this list of people had been cut back by one.

p/s: on a much lighter note: I"M GOING TO BE A CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!! Oh, and Fatma too. Muahaha.. they're going to take mug shots of and make a short film/trilogy/game... hehe.. me happy...
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: