I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, December 28, 2003

Assalamu'alaikum....

My big bro (the single one, not the married one) recently became a Friendster user. He emailed me because he probably couldn't find me using the user search, especially since I changed my email and all. So I searched and added him instead. Hehehe... I left a nice LONG testimonial, hey, that's what sisters are for... especially since I'm his ONLY sis. Let's see if it gets approved......Hopefully he wouldn't find out about my online journal thingy. Oh wait, he does know about that. Damn.

I called my mom again yesterday, and she told me the funniest stories... and some not-so-good ones. Bad story first: my granny had breast cancer. Good thing the cancer cells didn't spread, so they were able to remove the lump completely. Still nothing is certain, so I'm still very, very scared. And since cancer is genetic... well, you can imagine how fidgety I am about my boobs nowadays. I tell ya, it's not a fun feeling at all. I'm only 21, but still, things can (and do) happen. I'm just praying that it won't.

After that, mummy yakked about a wedding she went on recently. The host put up 3 tents, but they were so many people, a lot of them didn't get seats. So there was my mom and her friend, with their plates of food, trying to find a place to sit, when they noticed a couple of empty spaces. She was just about to sit down, when this guy said that the seats were already taken. Mum asked by whom, he said his friends. She asked where they were, and he said they were taking their food. Then mum cheekily said "Well, I have mine" and proceeded to sit down and enjoy her food (knowing mum, all of that was done in a very soft, sophisticated, regal manner... my mom rocks). Precise conversation went like this (according to her, at least:

Guy: Eh, sori ye, ade orang dah duduk sini lah

Mum : Oh ye ke. Mane orangnye?

Guy : Tgh dalam line ambik food.

Mum : Eh I dah ade food (sits).

Wish I can pull off a stunt like that, ahaks. :)

Wassalam....

No comments: