I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Assalamu'alaikum....

It's been a long time since I've updated this journal of mine. First there was the exams, then me moving out of my old room into my new one. So now I'm a resident of Eaton House, room 4105. My new room left a lot to be desired, though, because there's no book shelf for me to put my books. That totally threw me off, since I do have a lot of books (accumulated throughout the 3 years), and now my books are laying on the floor inside their respective boxes. Definitely not cool. Oh, btw, Jen, if you're reading this, see, I'm writing totally in English. See how much I love you? Hope you're having anawesome holiday.

As for me, I'm stuck here in Ann Arbor. Actually, it's a good thing. So many things have happened, I think I do need the time to get myself centered and free-up my head to prepare for the new term. Last term , everything was rush-rush. I rushed to settle stuff, rushed to push feelings away so that I can focus, rushed
to force myself to be okay about things when in actuality I didn't feel okay. Rushed to be normal for everyone else's sake except mine. Rush rush rush....

Okay, let me backtrack a bit so you'll get an idea of what I've been upto since the end of finals. On Friday, with the help of kak Deng, Fer and Azwan, I moved into my new room. Can you imagin how tiring that was, I only had 3 hours to clear out of my room, good thing Kak Deng was there the whole time, and that Wann and I did one load of stuff before hand, and that Azwan and Fer was there to move my ever-loving couch. Thank you thank you thank you :) . But still, my arms, back and feet ached like crazy after that. Actually, they're still sore, but I'm all in all okay :). Oritey, so on Saturday, I managed to sort out my clothes, and then Kak Deng brought me, Alisa, Dayang and Diba out to watch Mona Lisa Smile. Good movie, stellar cast, love it. I wwouldn't call it a chick flick, more like a flick filled with chicks, hahaha (there is a difference). I love the message in it, it's so empowering. Makes me feel like I can be whatever I want to be, and I don't have to give a damn what anybody says.

Today, more cleaning up was done. So I managed to store away half of my stuff, but I'm just so lost without a book shelf. Oh well. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Which is why used that big box of books to make pressed flowers, heheh. Hey, I have two weeks to make my room not only livable, but reflects me and MY personality. A task more arduous than I imagined, but I shall prevail, I kid you not.

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I'm thinking about spending it on Central Campus and find something to send back to my mom. Seems like the birthdy card i sent shortly after I send the Eid card didn't arrive, so since I've screwed up anyway, might as well try to find mummy dearest a nice present too. I miss home so much.

I've had the craziest idea of touring Europe.... alone. A friend of mine did it, I'm sure it wasn't that bad. I remember touring by bus when I was smaller. Okay, I'm not exactly a fan of getting around by bus, but I admit the trip was pretty fun (I was with my parents). I love going to places with rides and stuff like that, but I haven't had any cultural experience for well over two years, and I can barely remember the places that I went when I was small. I wouldn't mind touring with friends, of course, but somehow I don't think anyone would wanna do the stuff that I want to.... boring stuff like going to museums and look at paintings and sculptures, visit cathedrals, old monuments, gardens.... I love Ann Arbor, but aside from the Museum of Modern Art at Central, everything else are so inacessible. Oh well... My parents would prbably have a fit if i tell them i want to travel alone, but a tour with an agency seems safe enough, so we'll see :) .

Okay, I need to map out my central trip for tomorrow, so ciao peeps!

Wassalam...





No comments: