I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Assalamu'alaikum....

Christmas Eve! Ahaks :). I spent the whole of Monday and Tuesday shopping, reading, watching Lord of The Rings ( Which I really do like, by the way, though it seems weird that Aragorn didn't die in the end, since the book said otherwise ). I shoped at Borders, despite the people picketing outside (it's been well over a month ), bought myself a few books to read during those boring days, or at least boring hours. Then I headed on to the UgLi and borrowed another 2 books..... Salman Rushdie's "Fury" (better read some of his stuff here, since it's totally banned in Malaysia... I think) and "Ilium", a (somewhat) translation (maybe) of "Iliad". Haven't started reading that one, so I can't really comment yet.

My room still looks like a wrecking ball just had it's merry way with it.... especially since I haven't gotten around to cleaning up my place. Hey, on both Monday and Tuesday, I woke up at 11, went out at 12, and come back home only waaaaaaaay after 11 o'clock (well, 9 for Tuesday). And after that, I was so pooped out from all the shopping and money spending ( Dad's gonna scream his head off when he sees the credit card statement.... oh wait, i didn't use his card! Hah! I am a good daughter), I couldn't do much of anything except change clothes and go to bed.... after watching TV, of course.

And watched TV I did... after all, last night was Tuesday night. My TV night. I missed "Gilmore Girls", sadly, but I managed to catch "One Tree Hill". Chad Michael Murray is so HOT! Heheh... I had a huge crush on him when he was Tristan in "Gilmore Girls", not so when he was Lone Ranger, and then back again when he became Lucas Scott, heartthrob of Tree Hill. Cool :). I never really go for blond guys, the only other two blonds I really liked was Ronan Keating of Boyzone (oh, the simpler days of Brit-pop) and an ex-classmate I went out with a couple of times.

What's my plan for Christmas Eve? Well, I still have to call Jen and Tina, and wish them a happy and merry Christmas :). And after that.... just rel;axing with my bounty from previous days shopping. I got a new quilt, which was originally 80 bucks but I got it for 30 (snap! ). I LOVE the quilt. It's pink (figures) and green and it's absolutely beautiful. I also got pink shams to match ( 100% Egyptian cotton, 250 thread count that was priced for 27.99 but I got for 5 bucks ), and I slept like a baby with a silver spoon stuck in her mouth (?).

Okay, I need to go and paste some stuff, my posters aren't up yet :). Later!

Wassalam...

p/s: to all of my Christian friends... Merry Christmas :)!

No comments: