I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Wednesday, June 18, 2003



KATE DILLON
Kate Dillon was billed to be the next Cindy Crawford. She graced prominent magazines, but unfortunately at a price. She literally starved herself to stay a size 6 on a 5 ft 10" frame. But the she decided to take charge and decided to forgo being thin and settle to being healthy instead. And now she's one of the most prominent plus-size model.
She came to Michigan during last year's (I think) Body Awareness week to talk about healthy body image. Too bad I missed it, but it's pretty cool to see someone embracing her curves so candidly. I'm only recently coming to terms with my own curves, haha. :) . Sure, I do my best to stay healthy, but I don't want to be beating myself up anymore whenever I look in the mirror and not see a thin person staring back. Being voluptuous worked for Marilyn Monroe, and even J-Lo has a big butt, and here's another beautiful woman, Kate Dillon, who's not your average size 6. So as long as I'm healthy and happy, then everything is good. So what if a guy isn't interested in me because I'm big? Then he's not worth knowing about in the first place, is he?
*Sigh*.. dealing with body image issues here.....scandalous...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: