I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, May 03, 2003

Baru je lepas tengok X-2... unlike the other people who had the means to tgk the opening last night, Nanim, Teh and I decided to budget and tengok this morning. Murah sket. It's definitely a good movie, I didn't even look at my watch once like I always do in other movies. Hope they're gonna have X-3, and if they do, I hope they'll put Jean Grey in her Phoenix persona in that one. When I was a kid, I was a big Marvel fan ( well, not just Marvel, actually, but mostly their stuff ). I think it rubbed off from my eldest brother, who really was a die-hard fan of Wolverine. Plus my brother was blessed with a talent he inherited from my mother that I never had: he can draw. Man, can he draw. He would take this small drawing of Wolverine, and in an hour, super-sized into a magnificent replica, complete with the right colors, tones, shadings, expressions.... he's really, really gifted. I used to look at his drawings and be so, so jealous because I can't draw like that, and I wished so much that I could. He had this enormous collection of comic books that I loved to read, somehow the storylines, pictures and outfits fascinated me. I loved that the characters had "special powers", and I remember wishing that I can read people's minds too, hahaha... Storm, the African street thief that was saved by Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean Grey ( bile nak jadi Phoenix nie?? Girl Power! ) , Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, Rogue, Gambit, Mystique, Magneto, Sabretooth, Nightcrawler, White Queen ( a.k.a Emma Frost... favorite villain 'cause she's so cool... no pun intended... actually she's a manipulative b****, but that's why she's so cool ), Angel ( mutant-poster-boy, comel, heheh, later became Archangel, I cried when I read the edition where they amputated his wings, boo-hoo... ), Lilandra ( Prof. X's love interest ... I have no idea when that happened ), Namor the Submariner ( if memory serves me correctly, the guy who discovered the small capsule containing, surprise surprise, Jean Grey ), oh wait, Namor was in the Avenger series.... me getting confused.... byk sgt bace, with the X-Men and The Fantastic Four, The Avengers, ntah hape hape ntah lagik.... camane bleh pass UPSR mase tuh...

My mom used to tell me to sit at the side of her bed, and with a box of crayons and a drawing pad, she would draw portraits of me that we then would hang up in my room. I used to ask my mom how come she didn't become an architect or a mathematician or an accountant ( she's great with math ), and she told me that she had to take care of the family after my grandfather died. She was the third child in the family. When my grandpa died, her elder brother and sister were already in college, and the ones below her were still very young. My mom had to earn money fast, so she went to ITM and became a secretary instead of going off to university as was previously planned . I used to think that it wasn't fair my mom had to give up her dreams, later in life I came to realize that if things had turn out differently, I probably wouldn't have been borned, and I wouldn't have a wondderful family that loves me now.

Okay, enough with the sentimental stuff. X-2 movie: good. Looking forward to watching Matrix: Reloaded and Pirates of the Caribbean. Oh, and I just created my very first Neopet, just because I wanted to see what the hype was all about. For lack of a better name ( and of judgement, apparently), my pet's name is Legolas_neo82, he's currently bloated, he's very strong and moves very slow ( like most male, hehehe... ooppss... kidding, enough with the vision of pelting me with rotten tomatoes already). *Sigh* .... me very tired, a little bit cranky, and missing my mommy.....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments: