I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Assalamu'alaikum....

My family has gone home, and I've moved into a new Northwood apartmement. My life officially sucked the minute my parents walked into the cab-van and then sped off to the airport. I basically went back to my room and cried like a baby for a good 5 minutes. Then I got over it and went straight back to unpacking certain stuff that I would need for school tomorrow. Dude I hate taking classes just for the sake of staying here, especially since there's a really good chance that I won't get into grad school because of funding, and I won't get a job because everything requires me to move... and I don't wanna.

My mom and dad were cool enough to buy me a ton of stuff while they were here. I have a new outfit for the office (so that I don't look like I go to work in my PJs) and I also have a new "baby" in the house, so my laptop now has some competition to the title Favorite Hardware. My mom also bought me a pair of pink-lined white K Swiss shoes, which I like, but are kinda hard right now since they're really new.

So the few days before they went back home, I took them shopping at Briarwood, Target (for chocolates), Best Buy and also a pit stop at Game Stop. Then Kirah was kind enough to drive us to Birch Run (I hate freeways, if I don't know where I'm going, I'd rather not drive), where my family made some srious dent at Liz Claiborne. We basically cleaned the store out of cute handbags. My family also bought some Nike shoes, which were surprisingly cute. Then there was the OshKosh B'Gosh store (can't forget the kiddies) and Guess.

No more mom and home cooked meals... it sucks. Privacy is good, everything else isn't. Sure I complain about stuff, and I lose my cool sometimes, but nothing is better than family.

I am so sleepy right now. School tomorrow.. me need sleep... zzzzzz......

Wassalam

No comments: