I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Assalamu'alaikum.....

Yesterday my mom told me that Kak Yann's Angah had just died in the hospital. Innalillah ...... It certainly puts quite a lot of things in perspective. Like how small my own problems are right now, and how helpless my sister-in-law must feel. Angah was only 34, and just had a baby who's 3 months old. Poor thing.

After work, after much debate with myself over the matter, I decided to go to Mas Wasi and Mbak Oliv's farewell party at Mya's house. Saying goodbye to Mbak Oliv later that night was so hard, it took everything I had to keep me from crying, and I have to say the fact that everyone was laughing and making jokes made the whole process easier. I cried so much earlier that day, in a way I didn't have much in me to cry again. One of the harder parts was keeping all other emotions in check, and though I slipped at times, I think I managed pretty well. Playing dodge in a party isn't so easy after all, even in a house as big as Mya's.

I couldn't sleep last night, it's just one of those nights I guess. Had a hell of a night tossing and turning and the fact that my throat was really bothering me didn't help either. The day has only started and already all I wanna do is sit under my quilt and drown my sorrows by watching reruns of any inane MTV show.

I just hate being sad.

Wassalam......

No comments: