I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Assalamu'alaikum ....

This day sucked a bit for me. I was basically stuck in my room all day 'cause I hafta finish my independant study project. It sucks (really it does) when you basically do not have a lot of resource to do this. Oh well. I asked for it, didn't I? Didn't have to do independant study, but I went for it anyway. It adds bulk to my resume, but sometimes I just wanna tear my hair out. Grrr....

I watched "Ever After" just now, against my better judgement. Love that movie ... *sigh*. .. It's so romantic. I am sucker for a romantic movie, especially when it's set in the "old" days where the gowns were beautiful and the men were courteous. Granted, the pantaloons are a bit too much (if you're wondering what a pantaloon is, it's those super super tight tights that men used to wear. Think Lycra, only in pastel.), but the gown... ooohhh, the gowns .... so pretty. Empire cut gowns with a bodice that shows just enough, decorated in crystals and diamonds and pearls.... even thinking about it makes me go gooey.

I didn't get any sun today, much to my chagrin. My knee hurts extra bad today, I'm hoping it gets better soon. I have a 10-day supply of antibiotics, today's only the third day, so I still have 7 days to go. Hopefully it won't take me that long to be completely myself again. I went to study at the Dude for a bit, but then my knee hurts so I went home to put a hot compress on it. After that I didn't go out 'cause my pants were ruined (I kinda bled all over it, *blech yuck*), so I stayed home and wore short-shorts for the rest of the day. Oooohh I can't wait till it's over.

Moving on to ... House of Wax. Starring my two favorite up-and-coming actors, Chad Michael Murray and Jared Padalecki. Delicious :) . They were both in Gilmore Girls, Jared starred at Dean, Rory's boyfriends, and Chad had a more minor role as Tristan, the guy who had a crush on Rory. Since then Chad has go on to star in One Tree Hill, where everyone's hot and yummy. If I only need one reason to see the movie, it would be to see them act together again. If I need one reason to NOT see the movie, it would be this lady: Paris Hilton.

I have no problem with rich people. Their money certainly makes the world go round. But this ..... this... woman .... ugghhh. Makes me wanna scream. She has not done one thing that warrants the attention she's getting. She's only famous for her money, and that's it. No one would care if she's a party girl if she wasn't rich. No one would care about the night-vision sex tape she made if she wasn't a Hilton. She's famous for all the wrong reasons. Worse of all, now teenagers actually aspire to be her. Whaaatt?? One teen actually threw a party where the theme was "dress like Paris Hilton"..... apparently she just loves Paris Hilton. How can you aspire to be a person who wears skanky clothes that reveals rather than cover, and who acts like.... that? I don't get it. She may be a pretty fair actress (not great, but not bad either), but she shouldn't be a role model to anyone under the age of 18. Parents, watch your kids. We're living in a weird, weird society.

On a more happy note... my parents are coming on the 21st. Woo hoo. They're gonna see me graduate.... sort of. Heheh. I'm actually graduating at the end of summer, so I'm just walking in May. But I'm excited that they're gonna be here. Makcik Pi and my cousin Nani is also gonna be here. Can't wait :) .

I better get back to work, or my GSI is gonna kill me. Later!

Wassalam....

No comments: