I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Assalamu'alaikum....

I haven't updated in such a long time. It's hard to think about blogging when your life basically revolved around daily dance practice, trying to meet project deadlines, making sure you don't screw up your independant study assignment and of course, the ever-constant demands of my now-primary-source-of-money.... work. Ever since Chris quit the office, our stuff-to-do list has almost never-ending. But since I'm hardly in a position to bitch about it (I need the money), I just had to suck it up and try to make the best out of a very sticky situation.

Last weekend we had our Mahabharata concert. All the extremely hard work definitely paid off. I was a nervous wreck on stage that I could barely think about the dance movements, my brain was so bailing out on me. All I could do was listen to the music and follow my instincts. Thank goodness for the never-ending practice, or else I could never have pulled it off. Instincts like that need to be constantly honed and beaten into you, heheh :) . The singing went well, I was constantly grateful that my voice didn't break, even though I was outta breath.

The gamelan players and singers did such a great job. Kudos to them, definitely :) .No one was out of key, the playing went smoothly, which of course made the dancers' job a whole lot easier (nothing worse that trying to sing to a beat that isn't there). Since it was Easter Sunday, I didn't expect to see a lot of people there, but the auditorium was surprisingly full despite the fact that none of my sorority sisters were there, heheh (all of them went home for Easter dinner).

The one thing that annoyed me during the show would have to be the fact that after the show ended, the people who handles Hill Auditorium came up on stage and basically just chased everyone to get off the stage. And they were MEAN about it, I mean, seriously mean. That was so fucked up. Last year audiences got to take pictures with dancers and mess around with the instruments. This year they got yelled at. Way to go, Hill Auditorium. Thanks for making people feel reaaaaaaallllly welcomed.

Now that practice is over, life feels surprisingly empty. I mean, it's nice to now be able to take a nap in the afternoon and not having to rush to practice every few hours or so, but I miss the dancing, I miss the music, and I miss the people involved in then whole production. Now that it's over, the semester seems surprisingly .... bland. Of course, my best friend's advice to my predicament is "get yourself a man". Uh-huh... and do what? Spend my days cooking for him and stressing over every single pout and argument. I don't think so, I've enough stress in my life. Besides, every single guy I know right now are vain and picky, and probably none of them can handle the fabulousness of my bootylicious (translation: fat) ass.

I've uploaded photos into my Snapfish account, so if you wanna view it, click on whichever photos you wanna view:
Hopefully I didn't screw-up the links :). Oh, also there's a new song I put in. Much as I love the new single "Hollaback Girl" and Gwen's "Rich Girl", this song is definitely my favorite.. the first single off the album. Enjoy!

Wassalam

No comments: