I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Ahahaha.... me happy, vewy, vewy happy. I got the job as a program director at Pierpont Commons. Yippee!!! And I start in February, after my dance performance. Yippee again!!! I can't believe I'm gonna get paid doing something that I actually like : performance arts (i.e singing, dancing, acting etc. ). At least something good is happening in my life right now.

Found out some disturbing facts last night, such as an email that I never received, which is a good thing because if I did get it, my head would have probably exploded. Ahaks! Oh well, things have a way of working out in the end. Oh, and I also found out that i can actually hold a mean grudge on certain people, but if the person matters a lot to me, I can be a big softie too. Huh. Imagine that.

Anyway, I spent 2 hours at the gym yesterday... learning Latin Grooves. Hahaha.... don't ask, it's just something else that is contributing to my "diversity" experience. I mean, I do not want to go back to Malaysia without having done certain "bizarre" things that you don't get a chance to eperience back home unless your're very rich. But seriously, this is gonna be one hectic semester for me. Oh well, at least it'll keep me busy from remembering other stuff (oh, other stuff, why do you plague me so? ). After sweating like crazy, I got back home, took a shower, had dinner with Wann, Nick and Nik, then spent the rest of the night settling some stuff and gabbing on the phone. Very mature of me.

As usual, I was late for my 9.30 class this morning, but by only 10 minutes (hahah), so that's something. I was then half asleep in my Artificial Intelligence class. Why am I taking AI? Because it would look damn impresive in my resume. Heheh... have to think ahead. After that I went to print out some stuff and bumped into Unmesh. We caught up on stuff and gossiped like a pair of schoolgirls, it was fun. But the weird thing is, whenever we talked about someone, suddenly that person would materialize in front of us. I was freaked out, but Unmesh ws laughing like crazy (they were his friends, anyway). Seriously it was like straight out of a Twilight Zone episode. Anyway, we made plans to go out to the movies and hang. Anybody in Michigan wanna come with?

At 1.30 pm, I had my EECS 370 discussion, and after that, I met bumped into Jessica, who then proceeded to tell me about this engineering sorority that she wants to join. She wants me to come with, but I'm not sure yet. Me, sorority girl? I can already hear the laughter and the sound of splitting sides from my friends. Hahaha.. but we'll see. Maybe rushing would be fun, God knows I need fun right now.

Okay, rant and rave time: I hate that as far as females have acheived today, we're still being judged unfairly. I hate that some people still judge me by my looks, or the guy I'm with, or my social standing. Worse of all, I hate that all of their collective negative energy afftects me, making me feel like I'm less than what I am. I'm a good person, I'm smart enough to know my elbow from my butt, and I care about people. Why is that not enough? Stupid, stupid people....

There, I'm fine now (grrr.... ). I better get going, dance class in half an hour. So I'm gonna make like a banana and split.... ciao!

Wassalam....

No comments: