I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum and hi:,

I cannot believe that I actually survived this week. But I did! And I survived not only with my sanity intact, but I was actually on top of everything, had all of my homework done, went to office hours, and I was able to even help other people. Yay! Alhamdulillah sgt2.... It's been a way, way, way hectic week for me, not one day did I come home without feeling extremely hungry, tired, and ready to collapse, but still having to push on because I have something due the next day or the day after. But the week is almost over, and I'm still sane. Thank goodness.

Now all I have to look forward to is the Ramayana performance on Sunday, in which Deera, Wann and I are gonna be in ("The Ramayana: Gongs of Truth", Hill Auditorium, Sunday Feb 1st 2004, 4pm). I have the poster of the event mounted on my door, hehe, after it's over, I'm gonna have it in my room as sort of a keepsake of my first performance ever in the US. In a way, I can't wait, because we practiced like hell for this, but I'm just so, so nervous, especially since Mas Wasi keeps changing stuff on the last minute. I know that's how creative people work (yeah, I've been in other stuff where same thing happens), but it makes me really nervous to have to memorize new things every day. My head are just filled with dance steps these last few days, what with this event and the cultural show later on. I'll be so glad after Sunday is over, at least one thing will be settled.

Here's more good news: I've been given a bid by Phi Sigma Rho. Meaning I've been invited to join the sorority (it's a social sorority for girls in engineering). Yay! I went to the pledge meetings, and it was so much fun, so I'm so thinking about saying yes. It's so exciting, Tammy came to my room on Wednesday to give me a balloon with "Congratulations!" written on it and an invitation card to dinner on Friday. Which brings me to my next story...

Being the floopy-head I am, I mistakenly though the dinner was today. So I was kinda in a pickle because I had dance practice at 5.30 (or so I though)and office hours I had to go to. As it is, things worked out kinda okay, due to my mistakes. I decided that I wanna skip the first part of practice today and come later. So after my Tech Com class finished at 5.30pm, I went to eat sushi at Mujo, opened my computer assignment and realized, dang, there's a mistake and I have to go to office hours. So I rushed to GG Brown, went to see the GSI, asked my comp question, then waited to ask another hw question, couldn't get to him through the throng of students, so I left at around 6.40pm. By then I though I was dead meat because the dinner, I remembered, was at 6.30 pm. I rushed to Lurie, tried opening the doors, which I couldn't, and I felt kinda funny. So I fished around my backpack for my invitation, saw the date on it, and wondered why did I pick today out of all days to be a perfect idiot. But anyway, I rushed to the music school, hoping to salvage whatever time I have for practice (remember, I thought practice was at 5.30pm, and it was close to 7 at that time). I went to the gamelan room, met up with Amrita, asked her "What time is practice today, am I really late?", and she said "Practice is at 7, no, you're not late at all, just in time". Phew. Two wrongs do not make a right, but in this case, the logical double-negation rule applies. Haha... Good thing I went to practice too, Mas Wasi changed a few steps.

Tomorrow I only have one class, then it's music school at 6, acceptance dinner at 6.30pm, whatever practice I can get after that again at music school, and cultural show rehearsal at 8 in Pierpont.

Life is full, life is busy, life is good :). Almost makes me happy that my love life is non-existant, haha. But that's another story altogether, heheh....:) ...

Wassalam...

No comments: