I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Muahaha, there's only 2 people in the office right now, Merry and moi. As usual, the less people there are in the office, the more phone calls I have to answer. I'm getting better at it. It was kinda hard the first few times because you have the remember which buttons to press if you want to pick up any phone in the office, then what buttons to press to transfer each calls (it's unique for each person in the office), and then how to take messages because everyone in the office likes their messages taken differently. In a way, it's good that I have an easy job right now instead of being a research assistant or a consultant somewhere (Kate recommended me this consulting job at the School of Nursing), which would have meant I won't be able to go home for the summer, which would have sucked soooo bad.

I'm currently reading this book called "Reading Lolita in Tehran" by Azar Nafisi. Katharine, my boss during the fall and winter semesters, asked me to read it to get my point of view, being the only Muslim girl in the office, and from a progressive Islamic country at that.Katharine has a book club she belongs to, and none of the members are Muslims, so she thought it would be interesting to see what I think of it.

I've only started reading the book, so I can't comment yet, all I can say right now is I have some pretty mixed emotions about it...

Okay, I want to continue reading now, will pen in again in about an hour or so.

Wassalam...

No comments: