I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, June 11, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...
Currently at work right now... I am so dead meat. Maybe I should start at the beginning...

So yeah, yesterday Nick, Kate and I worked on the program because it's due noon today. We started working from when I got off from work, which was around 3 o'clock. I was actually quite apprehensive because we still had some functions not working, and I wasn't sure until what time all of us were willing to work. As it is, we stayed in the Space Research lab until close to 2.30 in the morning (holy shit! That's almost 12 hours!), and Nick had already been there since 11 am (he works there).

I have to admit, that was probably the most fun I ever had in any group meeting in my life. Deadline was approaching, but all of us goofed off (usually at my expense, of course, LoL), so the atmosphere never got really tense. Kate and I took turns touching Nick's military haircut (fuzzy, feels like a carpet). Best of all, we had PIZZA!! ... from Pizza House, and 2 orders of breadsticks... yummy ... made a mess out of the lab, which Nick had to clean (LoL).

So after we finished our program, we went to Kinko's to bind our project report (at 2.30 in the morning), and I didn't go to sleep until 4 am. I've always been really careful about setting my alarm clock, especially yesterday when I know I have to get up at 8 to get to work at 9 am. So I woke up this morning, and my alarm clock said it was 7.30 in the morning, which isn't bad.... if it was actually 7.30 in the morning. I looked out to window, because it was pretty dark due to the rain clouds, and I caught a glimpse of my wristwatch. It was 10 am. 10!!! I jumped out of bed, dialed Sam's (my boss) phone number, and frantically apologized for not being there yet. Turns out, I got really lucky today, since Sam didn't even know I was supposed to be in until 11 am, so she said it was okay and I can just get there whenever. However, it wasn't Sam I was worried about....

But I'm here, in the office, and everybody else is in the staff meeting. Luckily, the phone is pretty quiet today, so I get to do this... updating my blog, which "some" people say they can't open anymore (sucks, doesn't it? LoL) since I updated the layout. Muahahaha (queue evil laugh)

Anyway, peeps, I need to get on reading my GRE handbook, so catch ya later!!

Wassalam...

No comments: