I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, November 10, 2003

Assalamu'alaikum....

I think by now, a lot of people dah dengar berite. Tanggal 9 November, 2003 .... I can say, without a doubt, the worst day of my life by far. Sampai sekarang, bende tuh seem unreal to me. What do you do, what do you say when you've just lost two of your closest friends in one single swoop?

To sesape yang tak tau lagi, semalam, lebih kurang jam 6.15 petang, Allahyarhamah Teh Nannie Roshema Roslan dan Allahyarhamah Norhananim Zainol baru saje pulang ke rahmatullah selepas dilanggar kereta di depan masjid (Innalillahiwainnailaihi rajiun) . Mase tuh diorang baru pulang from iftar, bile entah camane entah, a red pick-up truck langgar diorag mase tgh lintas jalan. Jalan tuh memang sedia maklum very dangerous, tapi sebelum-sebelum ni tak penah lagi dengar ade kes yang even remotely resembles this.

Full details ade dekat website Kirah, kalau nak tau lagi lanjut. If you can't go to it from my link, pegi kat website Deera (that link is definitely working), and click from there. Farah can honestly say sekarang nie yang alhamdulillah, diorang tak suffer much. According to the doctors, they died on impact, and efforts to resussitate them unfortunately proved fruitless. Dan alhamdulillah, from what I can see during my brief moments with them dekat hospital, that they died dalam keadaan tenang. Muke masing-masing tenang, alhamdulillah diorang pun baru lepas balik from tempat baik, buat bende baik dalam bulan baik.

Actuallynye Farah still numb, sume bende jadi cepat sangat. How do you cope? teringat lagi zaman-zaman when it was always the three of us. Orang lain, kalau nak pikir pasal kitorang pun, sure pikir in terms of Teh, Nanim ngan Farah. Even though dah masuk engineering tuh, takdelah berkepit selalu tige orang sangat, but both of them were always together sebab masing-masing ambik kelas almost same and keje kat Stockwell dining hall.

Malam tadi, the reporter from Michigan Daily tanye, what would you want to remember most about them. I said, the fact that they were loyal. Actually, I want to remember everything about them. Bile Farah tgh down, slalu pegi bilik sebelah and cerite dekat Teh, kalau tension pasal professors, selalu bising-bising dengan Nanim. They were a big part of my life kat Michigan nie. Everybody should have people they can always, always depend on. Teh and Nanim were mine. Now that they're gone, a part of me feel lost, too. Sepanjang malam takleh nak tido, terpikir pasal diorang. Almost every memory I have ade diorang, everything that I look inside my room mengingatkan Farah of the times we spent together, especially our Florida vacation. Malam tadi masuk bilik Teh, it took all of my strength to not keel over and start crying. I'm just grateful sekarang ni yang I have friends yang tengah grieving jugak sekarang nie, and we're holding each other up. Masing-masing jauh from family, so dekat Michigan, each other lah family.

Banyak questions main kat kepale otak ni. What do you do after a thing like this happen? Kite selalu tak sangke bende nie jadi kat kite. Alih-alih, bende macam nie jadi. Rasenye sume orang yang went through the ordeal from start to finish, sume traumatized. Susah nak erase a thing like this from your head, actuallynye tak patut erase pun. So how do you live with the memories.

I'm just glad I got to say goodbye. Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas mereka. Al-Fatihah.

Wassalam.....

No comments: