I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Assalamu'alaikum.....

Okay, so apparently now I'm gonna start at Microsoft on the 31st... and going to the Midwest Games. It's like moving from one extreme to another, one minute I have nothing to do, next minute tetibe byk lah plak bendenye. Gi Wisocnsin on Friday, balik Monday, fly out to Seattle on Tuesday, start work on Wednesday. Ugh.

On the plus side, I'm flying to Seattle first class. First class baby!! Ade jugak eloknye that my I-20 habis lambat than dijangka. Of course, balik sini balik fly coach lah, murah. Bestnye dapat merase first class kat tanah US nie, LoL. Nak sendiri beli tiket, jgn harap. Still rase stewardess MAS jugak yg lawa, even though MAS rugi juta-juta every year, apparently.

Just got my hari cut kat Douglas J salon tadi. Nothing reminds a girl that she hasn't been there for a while than to have your normal stylist forget who you were for the first couple of minutes. Erk. Nasib baik takyah tip, kalau tak ade jugak tip berkurang tuh. Scott gave me a nice classic bob, which I like, but I like my previous hair cut better, ni cam a bit too pendek for my bulat face. But I'll rock it, I always do :) . It was raining cats and dogs when I came in for my appointment that although it was only a 5-minute walk from my car to the salon, by the time I got there, my jeans were soaking wet, and I even had my umbrella. In the middle of my haircut, some of Scott's colleagues came over to comment on what a nice job he's doing with my bob. Suddenly there was a parade of tattoo-clad people, with only underwear on, just running outside the salon. It was so weird, all of them had tattoos all over their bodies, which actually wasn't the weird part. The weird part is that they had no clothes on! Just undies! Running in the rain! Weird people.

Last Monday, Linda and I watched The DaVinci Code at Quality 16. The movie was good, though I did like the book better. I'm not exactly sure how does someone who didn't read the book would follow what's going on, because there was a lot of stuff not explained in the movie, and of course there's also all the symbols involved. But I guess it would boost the sales of the book, then, if people care enough to buy the book after seeing the movie. Sir Ian Mckellen is absolutely everywhere! The X-Men movies, the LOTR trilogies, and now this.... too bad he's gay, he's very good looking for an old guy.

I'm rambling, and it's getting late, I better get on with the packing thing. Later!

No comments: