I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Assalamu'alaikum......

I'm so confused right now, I hate when I have to make tough decisions like this... and I'm not even out of school yet! I have one good offer on the table, but what I really want is to work with the bigger company (the subject of my obsession... see pervious post). Don't get me wrong, the small company sound great, the project sounds really cool and I would get really valuable hands-on experience working with them. Instead of just working on one thing, I would be able to expand my role (contingent on my performance, of course). But the big company is.. well... big. It's well established, people I've talked to really like working there, and I also like the project that they're working on, too. I've been down to the campus, loved the atmosphere, enjoyed the people I interviewed with, and generally had more of a sense on what I should accomplish by the end of my internship. Most importantly, I've been trying to score and interview for about 3 years now, and this is the first time that I actually felt like the position and the timing is right. So one party needs an immediate answer, while my first choice can't tell me what they decide yet. I guess this is a good problem to have, but it's stressing me out a bit.

What I really want is to work on something I like during the summer. User research, usability testing, interface design.... things that I worked really hard in class to learn and want to apply. I want to work. And of course, I want to get paid (that way I don't have to take on a lot of hours on my PT job next fall). I want to be where I can be most useful. To top of trying to make my impending decision, my passport is expiring by the end of this month. Blinkin' 'eck. Perfect, now I have to spend more money trying to renew the damn thing. Oh, and of course, there's the CPT-expedite fee thing, hich will set me back another $100. Man, this whole internship thing better have a happy ending.

Argh, I'll be so glad when I get everything settled. Oh, and I found out today that my arms are officially huge. Not even my new pair of shoes can cheer me up now :( .

No comments: