I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Man,I am beat. Spent last weekend in Illinois watching fireworks and stuff, before that I had a looooong week of work ( well I actually didn't have much to do up till Wednesday when all hell broke lose and what could go wrong, did ). Y'know what, I can even think about the weekend without feeling beat. So lemme just give the gist of it (like I did when I supposedly dished on the Midwest Games): got to UIUC, saw Tet and Elly, slept there one night, went to Evanston the next day, went to Taste of Chicago, saw a fist fight in the middle of the street, got my wits scared the heck out of me, saw fireworks that night, fireworks was nice, yadda yadda yadda, next day went shopping at outlet, saw another fireworks display in Northwestern University, that one was pretty cool too, went back to Dinna and Id's apartment, next day took picture at NU's arch, then went home, realized that half of the clothes that I brought I didn't wear, got meself a new pair of shoes and Bantut's baby-tee.

And all of this happened while I barely spoke 100 words during the whole time...

I don't get it. I mean, usually I'm notoriously shy in big crowds, I admit, but never have I ever clammed up for three days as though I'm keeping the Crown jewels in my mouth. I mean, it was just weird, I honestly couldn't think of anything to say, and seeing everyone being loud and so into the whole talking thing just scared the shit out of me. This further emphasizes my earlier observation that I function much, much better in a one-on-one conversation rather than jumping in head first into a crowd. Wonder when this started happening to me, I think I was okay when I attended matrix, I mean I was head of stuff and I participated in almost everything I could get my hands on, me in my obese state and all ( yes, I was as big as a freakin' hippo).Then I mellowed a bit when I was in PPP and here.. well let's just say that I'm more of a yes man (or girl) rather than a take-charge-you-have-to-get-your-butt-outta-the couch person. Which just shoes... if u don't practice our social skills enough, pretty soon you're gonna lose 'em.

Aaahhh... the good old days when u know exactly who you are, what you have to do and where you wanna go. Now u have OPTIONS... and you have to MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS and be an ADULT... waaaa!!! I wan my blanky and my mommy... sob sob...

Katharine (my boss) brought me to Target on Friday, and I bought 3 packets of Pepperidge Farm's Goldfish Crackers, different flavors. And right now I'm down to 1. When that one's gone, I'm gonna get real upset.

Oh, I didn't take a lotta pics when I was in Chicago, but whatever I have will be up as soon as I get my handbag back because my camera is in there. Oh, and I have a few firework video in too, so as soon as a figure out how to put it in, I will.

I need to go and get some lunch in me, so I'll just pen of here... but lemme leave you with an article about mice and diets. Click here (hopefully link works)

No comments: