I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, July 09, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

My last day of work. Oh boy... kinda sad. I've loved working here. I mean, where else can I find a boss who would bring her to Michael's (the store) to shop for scrapbook supplies? Where can I find a job that let's me come in wearing glasses, t-shirt and sweatpants... and still work in an office? *Sigh*.... I'm gonna miss this... even though next semester I'm coming back to the exact same office but working in a different position with the exact same pay. The hours will be shorter, of course, since I'll have classes and other stuff.

Weird. One minute I'm excited to go home, the next I'm totally dreading the lack of privacy that I know is going to plague me as soon as I step foot on Malaysian soil. Hopefully I won't be an asshole when I reach home, there's nothing worse for me to be a jerk around the people I love just because I can't stand people barging into my private quarters at every hour during the day.

Jen is refrshing my memory on how to parallel park today, right after work. After that, have a dinner invitation from Unmesh (whom I haven't seen for such a long time and I feel guilty for that) and a movie invite from Dennis (to join him, Al and another person). Knowing me, I might decide that I'm too tired to do anything, go home and watch The Sopranos on DVD.

I am officially hooked on The Sopranos. I finish off a season a day, watch the special features and I can't wait to see the next episode. Too much T and A for my liking, but they do run a strip club, so I can't really object to that. What I can object is the amount of f***ing the characters do, most of the time it doesn't even contribute anything to the story. Good thing the storyline's good, or I might have just decided to not watch after the first DVD.

I'm a little sleepy right now after lunch and stuff. Thank goodness I only have a couple more hours to go, then I'm done for the summer. Time sure flies, I'm 22 now, pretty soon I'll be 25.

My biggest fear: to chase all the material stuff in my life (a Master's in CS or financial engineering-- as soon as I decide which I can actually be happy doing--, working in the US, coming back home and securing my place at home so that I can take care of my mom and dad) and one day, wake up, realize I'm 45, and think "Shit, I forgot to get married and have a baby".

Imagine that.

No comments: