I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Just realized that the photo below was a lil' too big, so I cropped it. As was mentioned before, click on the photo to see some other sushified cartoo characters. I myself just had lunch that consisted of a tray of deluxe california rolls from the Sushi Fresh! collection (at least I think that's what the company is called..)

I am so screwed right now, because Katharine left me some work that I am now at lost on how to do. Shit. I'm supposed to be organizing the table arrangement for this fall's North Campus Festival. So I categorized the organizations (piece o' cake), decided who gets to perform what... and now I have no idea where to put them. I mean, I know which spaces are available, but some of the participants need to be near a power source, and some needs water supply nearby, and some just need a big friggin' space for their supplies of crap-shit. And I, being that this is my first time ever doing this stuff, am waiting for Katharine to come back from her lunch with Susan, or Shelley, or whoever she's having lunch with. I think I just killed a couple of acres of trees looking at the amount of stuff that I printed out just to figure out who wants what.

So now, as i wait, I pondered.... when the hell am I going to take my driving test. And I'm about this close to having a panic attack because I realize already have a schedule of social activities and work for next fall, on top of my normal class schedule.... and the friggin' term hasn't even started yet! I haven't even gone on a holiday yet (minus Chicago trip, I'm talking about home)! Holy shit!

To top it off, I realized that I seem to be spacing out more frequently than usual, and that scares me. I mean, last weekend, I managed to get the time we're leaving for Chicago wrong (thought it was 9pm instead of 6pm), I almost managed to convince myself that I didn't have to go to work because it was Saturday (no it wasn't, it was Tuesday after I got back from Chicago and I was almost late for work, thank goodness i snapped out of it in time) and I was freaking out when I did laundry because I couldn't figure out why my black top was suddenly red... until I remember I bought two colors of the same top.. one red, and one black.

And I keep forgetting stuff even though I was thinking about it 5 seconds ago.

Case 1: I was in the living room, decorating my dad's card when I wanted to get stamps from my desk for the envelope. I paused my DVD player, got up, got into my bedroom, and for the life of me couldn't remember what I wanted to get. I had to stand in my bedroom for about 10 seconds before I realize what I wanted.

Case 2: I was making a mental list that I needed to post my dad's card and print some pictures for my scrapbook. So I rummaged through my backpack for a pen, took out my notepad... then couldn't remember what I wanted to write. This soooo happened! I had to glance around my room to see if I can remember anything. Good thing I saw dad's card, it jogged my memory enough for me to remembr what I wanted to write.

Case 3: This morning, I boiled some water because I needed to make this horrible tasting tea that I need to take with some herbs mom sent me (ironically enough, it's for physical and MENTAL well-being). I haven't taken tea for quite some time now, and the medication, and it's been weeks since I used my kettle. I plugged the kettle in, went into my bedroom to straighten my bed and put some clothes on, and promptly forgot about the kettle. While that seemed normal, when I heard that whistling sound (y'know, the one that indicates the water is done?), I couldn't figure out what made the sound and when I did find the source, I couldn't remember why I boiled the water in the first place. I had to walk around the room straightening out stuff before it finally dawned on me about the tea...

I mean, I've heard of absent-mindedness, but this is freakin' ridiculous. Seriously, this is scaring the shit out of me, I mean, I've always been a teeny-weeny-itty-bitty absent minded, but I've nver had it this bad. And if you're thinking "She's remembering all the stuff that happened to her quite well, is she faking it?", rest assured that I started writing this shit at 1.30pm, and now it's 3.30pm. I had to pause and alternate this and work just so I have enough time to remember everything. Besides, I'm a girl, I have better stuff to fake.

Honestly, if anybody at all knows why the heck I'm experiencing this, lemme know, I'd love the input.

Wassalam...

No comments: