I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Assalamu’alaikum… 
  
            Right, so here I am back home again…. Home, home, home on the range. Whoopeee!!! (Do not mistake my “Whoopeeee!!!” for my “Big whoop.”, the latter one is me being sarcastic. So anyway, I arrived on Sunday, along with Deera, after a pretty eventful journey.
 
            It started out the night before I was supposed to go home. I had just finished packing not only my going-home suitcases but the rest of my possessions into boxes provided by Corrigan Movers, because those bastards over at housing decided to make my dorm a freshmen only dorm, and kicked out us poor helpless upperclassmen into the Northwood family housing. Granted, it is nice, I get to have my own kitchen and private bathroom, and a living room with a sofa bed, but it also means giving up a few stuff, like a laundry room, for one, and fluorescent lights, since they only provide us with those icky yellow ones that contribute to my deteriorating eyesight, and of course, resident computing. No more printing in the middle of the night for me. Lousy bastards. Good thing they provided movers for my stuff, so I only had to pack, some other poor fools had to move ‘em. The absolute nerve of those housing people….. I can gripe on and on about them, but let’s just move on to more fun stuff.
 
            So after moving my stuff out the next morning, I bought some souvenirs for my parents and my friends from Steve and Barry’s, went back to my place, prayed, then got a phone call from the cab that was picking me and Deera up. Needless to say, a lil’ bit of hell broke lose as I had to leave my forwarding address and the cabbie was bickering for us to ‘be quick”. Needless to say, a bit of confusion had set in, and I left a hand luggage back in Michigan. Holy shit. It was not my lucky day.
 
            Fortunately enough, the rest of the trip went on okay. Deera and I were both “mamai” from our respective lack of sleep. There was this one time we rode a train back and forth because neither of us heard what the announcement was saying. But the mishaps ended there (I think). We met up with Hussen (from Texas) and a hairstylist named May, who was visiting her niece and nephew in Yale and Caltech, respectively.
 
            My family came to pick me up from the airport, and I got to see my niece for the first time ever. She’s so tiny and cute. Unfortunately she suffers from eczema, so she’s red all over, poor baby. Tiny little red thing. I only know one other person who suffered from that, bitch tried using her “condition” to get out of everything (can you sense the anger in the air, hahah ). But Aishah, my niece, is such a good little baby, she hardly cries, and she has the sweetest smile .  I adore her like hell.
 
            So here I am, back home again. Big piece of news: apparently my nagging my mom to get a new place really sunk in because she’s been looking for a new place for a few months now, and she’s thinking to sell our house. Yippee!!! She was eyeing this bungalow nearby, but before she could make a bid, a contractor bought it. Darn. Oh well, good things come to people who wait, my mom is VERY good…. How the heck she got me as her daughter, I have noooo idea…..


Toodle doo, peeps! Wassalam…

No comments: