I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, March 29, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum....

Hey peeps! Please click here to donate to Relay For Life!! . Any sort of donation is completely appreciated, of course.

Yeah, I'm doing some community service before the semester is over. The event is next week, by the way, so anybody wanting to make a contribution, please do :) . Any money given, even a dollar, is truly appreciated. Relay For Life is under the American Cancer Society, and all contributions go towards finding a cure for the disease and help fight cancer worldwide.

Funny, I started out doing this because of a sorority requirement, and suddenly it became very personal to me. My grampa on my mom's side died of stomach cancer, and my grandma (arwah's wife) was diagnosed with breast cancer not too long ago. Even though the growth was completely removed, she still has to do regular check-ups, just in case. I mean, I know we had some history in my family, but I didn't know about all this until me and my mom stumbled upon the subject when we were talking. Suddenly I'm glad I'm doing the relay.....

Okay, I have to get on studying now, but remember people, donate!! Till later, ciao!

Wassalam.....



No comments: