I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

I had an exceptionally long day today. Work started at 9 in the morning, and to make matters worse, I didn't get much sleep the night before due to excessive worry about programming, exams and how I'm gonna fit everything in my time schedule. Needless to say, I didn't fall asleep until around close to 5 a.m. Work consisted of learning how to use listserve and how to maintain the Pierpont Commons website. I was half asleep through most of the time, thank goodness my boss didn't notice. By the time she talked about Stress Busters and asked us to look for stuff to put in the kit, I was past the point of listening.

So I finished work at 11.30, went straight to ME 240 class (managed to keep myself fresh and alert) , then had lunch (still managed to keep awake AND eat a lot of food) , went to EECS 492 discussion (Thom was really boring) , and then had a meeting with Kristen, during which I could barely keep my eyes open. I went back home, finally managed to get some sleep.... only to be waken at 6.30 to go to Target with Abigail. I dragged my butt out of bed (I've been planning this Target trip since Monday, that was how much I was looking forward to the stuff I wanna get), put some clothes on, plunked my paperboy cap on my head and was ready to go. We went to Target, and that was basically the high point of my day. The TV I wanted was out, but I pestered people and they gave me a "raincheck" (it's a receipt you get so that the next time the item comes in, you can get it for the discounted price) for the TV and the DVD player I wanted. However, what kind of pissed me off was that it took them a half hour to tell me that they were out of the DVD player. I was out of my mind tired by then. Abigail looked around for her stuff (she has a project thing to do for her internship) and I basically looked around for stuff that I can use for work. We're surveying things for the Stress Busters program, and so far it's been going good, but we only have the toys up, none of the academic things up yet.

Basically we left Target when it closes, and Abigail was happy with the stuff she got for work, and I was happy because hope is not lost for my TV (trust me, if I want something, I will employ every given method to make it happen. The sale ends tomorrow, but at least I have my raincheck). And here's the good part: we got lost. Like waaaaay lost. We were circling around roads I have never even seen during my three years here. Needless to say, I was freaking out AND I was sleepy. And Abigail was getting a headache too, though we made stupid, mundane jokes about assholes who shouldn't drive too keep our mind off the fact we had no idea where we were.

Luckily, all went well. We were only an hour lost, but now I know where Maly's is. I got back, got yelled at, and now I'm gonna go to sleep,because tomorrow I have the workshop to go to and the CCRB before that, and Sunday is social for the associates and then chapter at 6 (if you don't understand what it means, it's no big, just ignore) , and I'm writing crap now anyway, so ciao and zzzzzz........

Wassalam......

No comments: