I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Hahah... didn't go to the OPT workshop. They're having one next week over at Pierpont, so I'm gonna go to that one so I don't have to wait for the bus for 30 freakin' minutes. Spent the morning grocery shopping, filling out credit card forms, reading and enjoying my Gameboy. I'm stuck on this one part of Donkey Kong Country, somehow I just can't seem to swing far enough to get to the next tree.

I can't wait till next weekend, I'll finally be able to call home and talk to Nenek. I hope all the crap that happened this week isn't gonna happen next week. I mean, there was a bunch of things that I was so looking forward to doing that blew up in my face. If I went, I dissapointed a whole bunch of people. If I didn't go, I would have dissapointed someone who had been so helpful to me, plus we had been looking forward to our little trip for a week. So I chose, thinking that I probably can still amke it back in time. All I wanted was to unwind, and I ended up feeling miserable instead. It was such a mess, I woke up today with puffy eyes and and a monstrous headache. Needless to say, CCRB went to hell, and good thing the OPT has another workshop coming up.

Maybe I'm not meant to try and be an overacheiver. Maybe I'm not meant to have good grades, have a job, be involves in extra curriculars, be active in a sorority, try to get an internship, apply for grad school and still have a normal social life all at once. Maybe I should do what I always do every other semester: go to school, go home, sit around and hope good things come my way. That didn't work, and now my excellent plan of grabbing life by the balls (because we know Life is a man, anyway) isn't going that great either. So what is a girl to do?

Wassalam....

No comments: