I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, November 08, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Okay, so I know I haven't updated for about... what, three weeks,give or take a few days. It's all a mixture of being busy with project and finding a new job and work all those other good stuff. Suffice to say, I had other thigs to do, and when I don't, I was just plain too lazy to update. But I'm here now, so turn those frowns upside down :) .

Okay, so on Saturday, Oct 30th (I think), I had my driving test. For someone who hasn't driven in ages, I did pretty well, hehehe :). So I passed. I was feeling happy, so I went to Kroger and the china market, bought a few key ingredients and messaged some people to come and *sahur* at my place. Deera did it the night before, so I thought about waiting until the next week, but I already bought the stuff and they won't fit my fridge, so I had my *makan-makan* thing on Saturday anyway. I walked home from Kroger, pushing my big-ass cart and stopping b y Deera's to get me a couple of big ass *periuk* (I still have 'em, by the way, Dee). It was a looong trip... pushing a cart that loaded with things is bound to test anyone's patience, especially since I found myself being stuck in holes numerous times.

Anyway, I got home in plenty of time to watch the biggest football game of the season: Michigan vs. Michigan State. I spent the entire afternoon cutting veggies and meat in front of the TV. Once, I almost cut my finger because I was so glued to the game, good thing the knife only hit my nail and not my skin. Phew. Anyway, we won the game!! Woo hooo!!! I think most of us were almost resigned to a loss when we were down by 17, but the comeback was spectacular. Okay, I might not know like a whole lot about football, but thanks to Dennis, who painstakingly explained the basic what's-goin'-on stuff to me, I was able to appreciate a good game when I see one. I kept throwing my arms up in the air whenever we scored and yelling..... which I probably shouldn't have done because I was holding a chef's knife most of the time. But everything's cool, I didn't get hurt and that night, people came to eat :) . I made my "sizzling" mee, by requests from some of my friends, however I bought a few packets of a different kinda mee so everyone kept saying *Eh, ade laksa!* . Haiyak.

Sunday was uneventful, aside from the whole Halloween thing. The weekdays after that was hectic, since I had way too much stuff to do and not enough time to do them. Mostly was planning Tech Day, we needed to meet and get the finer details down to pat. Oh, and Tech Day was Saturday, Nov 6th. I was nervous beforehand, I take planning things seriously, of course, you don't want things to go bust on your watch. Thank goodness that the volunteers for Tech Day were awesome. Genevieve, Katelyn, Erica and I did the banner the night before, and it looked gorgeous. Absolutely perfect. "Phi Rho and Nintendo: Two Rad Things From the 80's", that was our theme. Everyone was impressed with our old school Nintendo, hahaha, there was this UMEC representative that kept coming back to play with it. Gosh, I hope we can win best booth... it certainly had a lot of buzz....

And yesterday, Sunday, was chapter. I had a meeting before that with Liz and Kate, and all of us were kinda tense because we had to do a whole document in, like, 3 hours, and it was due this morning. So I was glad when it was chapter time, but then my stomach got into knots when I realize it's voting day for next semester's rush chair. Basically what rush chair is is that you would be responsible in planning the "rush" events, where you recruit new members to the sorority. Now, I was excited about being rush chair, but Katelyn, Erica and Amanda are also running for it, so I had to sell myself to the other girls and hope they would let me take a more active part in the sorority. Well, apparently they were happy with me since Tech Day was a big success (thanks to Genevieve's brilliant old school Nintendo idea), and they think my emails are.. ermm... in Veronica's words, "hillarious" (I was a real dork, apparently dork is in this semester), hehehe..... so I got the position. I'm happy :) . I know that it's gonna be tough trying to balance everything next semester, but I've been through a lot these past 3 years..... I feel like there's nothing I can't overcome as long as I believe in myself and I have good friends around me.

So right now I'm very happy :) ... I wore my Phi Rho sweatshirt today with pride and the confidence knowing that I've earned the Greek letters, hahaha (dork) ... and talking about confidence, I stood up for myself and defended my beliefs, which I'm proud of. Of course, I was a big ball of mess afterwards, but that's what sisters are for.... so thanks again, girlies :) . And hopefully, this feeling will last for for a long time to come.

Here's wishing all of you a great day and a blessed last week of Ramadhan...

Wassalam....

No comments: