I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum......

First of all, HAPPY EID! SELAMAT HARI RAYA, MAAF ZAHIR BATIN. Di sini, saya ingin mengucapkan selamat raya, makan rendang ingat-ingat lah orang kat sini, to cik Dina/Bantut, kate nak hantar kueh raye mane tak sampai-sampai lagi... to mak sendiri, mane pegi baju raye, kate buat empat pasang, jgn kan sepasang baju, benang pun tak nampak ni... aiseh mummy, kite pun nak raye jugak. Moving on....

I just got back from an excellent night at Seva, a comedy club at central. Okay, backtrack for a bit...

So my sorority decided we should do socials with other societies. This semester's lucky winner is SGT, which is Sigma Gamma Tau, the aerospace engineering fraternity. So we've had bowling nights with them, which I didn't go, and trivia night, which I also didn't go. Too busy, since all of them were scheduled during weekdays. But the next event, the comedy club, is on a Friday, Aha! I thought. I decided, what the heck, I'll participate in this one, it sounds like fun. I asked Dennis if he wanted to come, he in turn brought Al along, and everything else is comic history.

Now, to those who were at the Gempitafest meeting and are ready to bash my head in for missing the meeting, keep in mind that I scheduled this WEEKS ago in advance, and they've already booked tickets for me. Plus since I had already asked Dennis along, and Al, I can't very well back out now, can I? Hahah! So there, I have a very valid excuse. Moving on....

I went to Dennis' apartment at around 8.45pm just to hang out and see his place. It's kinda cool, it's right across the IM building and the field where the band practices. I live right across the gym and my ass is still as big as ever. But I digress... The rooms are okay, the kitchen is nice, the rent is not so bad for a place on central, AND best of all, there's a pretty nice view of the Big House a.k.a stadium if you stand on the balcony. The downside: band practice at 8am on game days (Saturdays). According to Dennis, it annoys the shit out of everyone living there. I can imagine, I like my relatively quiet mornings too.

Anyway, we walked to the comedy club from his place in the freakin' cold, and we had to walk fast because it WAS so freakin' cold. When we arrives, Genevieve, Katelyn and Erica were already there, and we had to wait for another round of people to get tickets. Luckily enough, Phi Rhos don't need to pay, it's part of our funding (part of the perks of being in it).

The show was great. Abso-bloody-lutely great. First comic was sorta ho-hum.. and he was the host. I wasn't expecting much. Second comic, a woman, was pretty funny. Her impression of someone high on weed is pretty hillarious. Now, the main attraction, the comic all of us came to see, Mike Armstrong, downright slayed everyone. I couldn't stop laughing, the guy was so, so funny. Well, he should be, he was featured on Comedy Central, but I never laughed that hard watching TV. He's an ex-cop, so he had brilliant stories to tell. There are no words to decribe him. He's just downright funny. This is probably one of the best nights I've had in ages.

As it is, all good things come at a price. Aside from missing the meeting (which I do regret terribly), apparently I missed some good ol' fashioned DDR at Deera's with the other girls tonight. Crud, I guess one can't have it all. I wanted to go straight from Central to Deera's but I had to stop by my place first to wait for Kate to gimme my football tickets. After that I realize that not only is it freezing cold, but I'm much too scared to walk alone to the middle of Northwood all alone at freakin' 1 o'clock in the morning. Brr... and *sob*. Ah well, we win some, lose some....

Tomorrow I'm going to the Big House to watch us cream Northwestern. Look out NU, you're in our house now. Granted, I'm not taking them lightly, since some miracle happened and they did beat Ohio State earlier in the season to give Ohio State their first lost. The again, Ohio State did play some pretty crappy games lately.... or so it seems to me... and I was told so, too. So there. I can't wait to see us play against Ohio State next week. It's gonna be intense. Darn Bush lovers (and may I say, "darn" is a pretty mellow substitute to the word that I originally wanted to use... but since it's Eid I'll lt this one go.... dang Bush lovers). I'm doing the tailgate event for that game, and we're giving out prizes this time, for what I've no clue yet, but I will keep you up to date about it.

I got a nice/sad email today. Nice because I was commended on my writing, since apparently my writing skills "surpassed all of (the) newsletter staff", sad because I asked them to take me off the email list. I couldn't take all the drama that was going on, it's like an episode of The O.C. minus all the hot people or the interesting plot. However, it broke my heart to read the email I got.. so we'll see.... the compliment was nice, I always like hearing nice stuff about my writing. Sometimes I wonder if I really have talent or is it just repressed emotions that I can't say out loud because I'd sound like a pretentious American wannabe, so I write all of it down instead. We'll see about the newsletter, I don't want to take on responsibilities that I can't commit, it would hurt people and damage my credibility (whatever's left of it) and it would just be plain selfish and stupid. Like they say, when you take on any responsibility, just like being a leader, "satu kaki dah langkah masuk neraka". That is how serious things get, and that is how serious I take it nowadays.

My days of just letting things slide and hope that people will pick up after me is kept to a bare minimum. I'm getting older, I'm 22 years old, in 3 years I'll be 25. My mom already had 2 kids when she was 25, my sister-in-law had one. I can't keep screwing around anymore, I can't just take things lightly anymore. Time to grow up and move on.

I'm so sleepy right now, it's ridiculous. Catch you guys on the flip side.....zzzzzzz...

Wassalam....

No comments: