I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, November 22, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Aiiihhh... holidays are almost NEVER a good time for me. I mean, seriously, it feels like the more time I have in my hands, the more likely I find something that would make me wanna go "bunuh diri" and jump off a bridge. Ever heard of the expression "Ignorance is bliss?". If I can go through life being ditzy and not knowing anything, or maybe just go through life not feeling anything, I probably would. But then that would just be stupid, 'cause there's no room for self improvement. Let's just hope this Thanksgiving would go nice and smooth....

Alisa had her first "open house" for raya. Before that, Dayang, Hisham, kak Deng, Mel and Mehrun also had theirs. Food was great, company was great. At Hisham's, we watched Puteri Gunung Ledang. Note to self and everyone: lain kali jgn kasi Alisa makan byk sgt gule. Sgt hyper. No more sodas for you, young lady. I think all of us totally ripped PGL to shreds. Poor Tiara, trying to sound like an Indonesian. Honey, give it up now, it's not happening.

At Mel's and Mehrun's, there was this cute little bundle of joy that I just melted over. No, it's not a gift basket filled with Victoria's Secret undies.... it's a baby. A cute, chubby itty bitty lil' wee thing who's pink face and pretty eyes makes you go "aaahhh... sho cute". I love babies. They're so innocent and cute, and all they do is cry, poop and eat. (this would probably be a good time to make a crack at the men that I've known, but I'm gonna be nice today and not go there). I've always wanted kids of my own when I start a family. Honestly, kalau kate lah kan, ditakdirkan takde jodoh, I think what would break my heart more isn't the fact that I won't have a guy in my life, but that I wouldn't get to go through the experience of motherhood. However, that's a long way to go yet, and I'm nt gonna worry about things that I'm not even ready for.

The MSA newletter is out, and so is my article. They put in the front page, which I guess is kinda cool. The editor didn't recognize me, though, he tried to give me the newsletter and say "there's also this really interesting artcle from Sister Farah". I looked at him blankly and said "I'm Farah". He blushed, and as a saving grace I smiled, said "Thanks, I'll pass this along" and made my exit. I told this story to Alisa, Dayang, Ijat and Hanis at Alisa's house the second time I went there, it bombed because apparently, I don't know how to tell a story. Truth be told, I really don't, I'm more comfortable with writing a story than telling it. It was kinda refreshing to have people laugh with you at your expense, it keeps your feet planted to the ground and you don't get all hoity toity. Of course, that only works if the people doing the laughing does it in FRONT of you, not behind your BACK, 'cause if it's the latter then that would just be plain rude and kind of insulting. It doesn't benefit anybody and dosa pun bertambah bergelen-gelen.

I went senyap-senyap to a "something" and got a callback to host (or co-host) "something". If you've seen MTV or VH1, and you see the VJs talking to the camera about the scene behind them... yeah, that's what I get to do, if I decide to go for the second call and actually got the offer. It's nothing fancy, certainly not MTV or VH1. But we'll see. That's a long way to go yet. Honestly, if any of my friends even ask me about it, I would just smile and say "it's nothing". Wouldn't wanna jinx my chances. But most of the stuff that they want me to do would be during the next semester, the pay isn't all that attractive anyway, and the fact that I don't have a car makes everything more difficult. On the other hand, it would be a great experience. Since I don't even have the offer yet, I'm just gonna sit back and relax :) .

I went to watch "National Treasure with Sophia last night, along with her 2 guy friends, after chapter yesterday. By the way, Ayun and Ijat, associates punye social sgt sedap, sundae sume nyum nyum, great job :) . On the way, we got talking about stuff, and now suddenly I have a workout buddy. Haha! Sophia is really hot, having her there would definitely push me further rather than just me doing it all alone. I noticed that I work better when I have good-lookin' people to inspire me, hahaha, like my instructors during sophomore year. So we're starting off with Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10 am, and then take it from there. Can't wait, this should be fun :) .

I have class in another hour, so I gotta go and get ready. Hopefully I'll be able to pen in again sooner rather than later..... Ciao!

Wassalam...


No comments: