I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum....

See? Juicy stuff always comes up whenever I call home. Apparently my house just adopted a new kitten. She has white fur and blue eyes, and my nephew adores her. Though that's open to interpretation. My nephew adored our last cat and he dragged the poor thing around using his walker and basically bullied Whiskas to death (not literally, of course). And both of my parents are heading of to Cairo next week for 7 days of fun... by themselves. How romantic. mostly it's going to be on a cruise, so I told my mom to go see our doctor and get some sea-sick pills. I'm so jealous. I wanna go too! No wonder we're not moving to a new house. Well, they deserve it, my mom and dad are the very best. Plus we're getting a new car. I can't remember what type, but it's gonna be a Proton because my brother was the one who picked it out (the ever diligent government officer now has an affinity for everything "local" ). Maybe we got a discount, because I can't imagine why he would want a Proton anything in the first place. Me and my second bro are real snobs... heheheh .... if we can get away with it, we always go for the stuff that has no "cap Malaysia" on it. My dream car (for the time being) happens to be a Hyundai Coupe exactly like my cousin's. I used to drool over this red Alfa Romeo when I was in high school, though that one's waaaaaay out of range. I can't remember what my brother was into, but I'm sure it was really expensive, nguahaha...

Next item on the list: apparently my "extended family" (if you can call it that) manages to make up stories about my currently non-existing love life (?). My mom's ex-boyfriend married off his daughter, and invited my mom's sister to the wedding (they're cousins.... which means he's my mom's cousin too... how "fun"). Apparently he found out that I'm friends with his nephew (we're the same age) and he's all excited about it. Cue the eeeeyeeewwww sound I mad into the phone. First of all, we are so not an item, just friends, and we haven't seen each other in three years. Second of all, what is it to him that we're friends? It's not his son. My aunt reported this to my mom (my mom wasn't invited to the wedding... doh... though the guy told my grandma's nurse that he did invite mommy... it's all complicated), and my aunt even said (according to my mom) "tak dapat mak nye, anak die pun boleh". Made me laugh like a hyena into the phone. My mom said "Kalau boleh, cariklah orang lain, Farah" (try and find someone else). So I teased her "Kalau tak jumpe orang lain, camane? Kite tak cantik macam mak.. mak tunggu kat bas stop, ade org ikut sampai ke rumah, Farah tunggu kat bas stop, bas pun tanak berenti" (basically I made a joke about not finding someone). My mom laughed into the phone... but still told me to find someone else. Hahahaha... we'll see, mummy :)... So far she hasn't approved of one single guy I've been with, or the ones I liked either. I so do not want to die an old maid, these hips are made for bearing kids (what other explaination for my humongous butt? hahaha), hehehe... I love babies. I'm picky enough for me, put my whole family in the equation.... potent combination that would result in either me getting the catch of the century.... or none at all. Oh well, que sera sera...

Okay, it's almost 2 a.m, I need to go pray, get my laundry and go to Ijat's room to help with stuff. So I'll catch you guys later. Ta!

Wassalam...

No comments: