I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, April 23, 2006


Assalamu'alaikum.....

My friend is absolutely ga-ga over this guy, Ashraf Sinclair. Admittedly, he's pretty cute ... comel lah jugak, though kening sgt bushy, LoL. But I feel weird looking at him sebab muke die cam familiar, as in serupe cam muke someone else. Tapi tak boleh nak pinpoint sape, wth? Aarrgghh... penat lah pikir semalam, mamat nie features die sgt familiar tapi tatau sape.

Anyway, makcik sorang nie (takleh nak sebut name nanti nak kene bantai) tak habis2 bising pasal this guy. Since diri sendiri dah lame tak balik M'sia, dah byk tak tau pasal the local celebrities (local for me sekarang is famous Michigan people, LoL). Tapi apparently he's a model/actor. Can see the model part sebab mmg hensem. Tak tau bleh berlakon ke tak, LoL. Can he?

Anyway, sementare tgh men-research pasal mamat nie sket (kene lah ade topic nak letak kat blog), I came across die punye profile kat Cleo (or something that summarizing a Cleo article, I couldn't tell that well). He was (or is, I dunno) up for the Bachelor 2006 yadda yadda. Anyway, bace lah kan die punye profile (he's younger than I am, baru 21, ngahaha looking at the 21 year olds around me..... hmmm....tak matang LoL). Nothing particularly interesting UNTIL the interview part.....

Cleo: What is a wifebeater?
Ashraf Sinclair: A coward who needs to belittle others to make himself feel bigger.
Awwwww... how cute... and how wrong. Admittedly, it's a slightly unfair question 'cause you have to be familiar with the American slang as well as Kevin Federline to figure out what a wifebeater is. A lot of the bachelors got that one wrong. Umm... it's actually a sleeveless shirt, guys. Singlet lah, kirenye. Bukan t-shirt Pagoda yg beli kat pasar malam tuh, tapi singlet yg mamat2 hip-hop skarang suke pakai.

To be fair, Cleo also asked "What is an antimacassar?". What the heck is that anyway, it doesn't really ring a bell... until you look it up and see the definition: "a piece of cloth place over a sofa or chair to protect it from hair oil". Whutt??? Then I realized.... omigod!! My nanny has a bunch of those!! She has a bunch of these white crocheted square cloths that she would put at the headrests of her sofa. I always thought they were just decorations. Granted, zaman dulu-dulu jek yg org pakai minyak rambut byk gile yg bleh boleh perah pastu buat masak keropok (ewwww...), so forgive us young-'uns for not knowing what an antimacassar is :). Thank goodness that wasn't in the SATs.

I'm actually stalling to do my take home exam, but I'm starting to hyperventilate a bit, so I better get on with it before I get a nervous breakdown. Ciao babes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That bloke is of mixed parentage, if you ask me. My instinct tells me right away, he is none other than Alex Yoong the ex-F1 driver and now, A1 driver representing malaysia in the A1 circuit race.
He is cute but looks can be very deceiving, that is all i can say.