I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Assalamu'alaikum...

I have my first exam this Friday.... I should be freaking out more but I'm not, and that's kinda worrying because I know the exam is gonna be hard... plus I have a homework due on the same day too. So I really should be bucking down and studying, but unfortunately, I'm not. Uh oh....

I can't wait until the my exams are done. My last exam is on April 25th, and I'm flying out to Seattle on a 9.35 am flight. I'll be there by 11.30am Pacific time (I think), so that leaves me quite a few hours to explore the 'burb a lil bit and also prepare for next day's interview. On the 27th is a full day of interview (I still can't find Nizam's email to ask for tips :( ) , then the next day I leave for Detroit at 10.25pm. I purposely asked for a late ticket so that I can see Seattle a bit more, but traffic is congested there between 3pm and 7pm (or so I've been told) so I dunno how the see-Seattle plan is gonna go, but I'll pull something, I'm sure :) .

As for the rest of the summer.... we'll see how everything goes. I think I screwed up my ESPN interview really, really bad when I told my interviewer that I won't be able to make any decision this week. Hey, I was only being truthful, I have exams coming up and will barely be in my right mind to make any work-related decisions. Plus I need to discuss stuff with my parents, because that's just what good daughters do when they're a continent away from their parents, LoL. Seriously, there's some serious stuff to discuss, and I just need more time. Considering that the guy needs to make his decision quickly..... I guess that kinda jeapordized my position. Also the fact that I was horrible at answering all the database technical questions ("You have a baseball team roster. Describe the columns you would need in a table" ... "Umm..." --> that's basically how most of my answers started, it's been 2 years! And I was in the middle of cooking! LoL)

Actually, I don't think I would be too dissapointed if I spend my summer in AA.. more time to dance, to recuperate, maybe even go home at the end of summer. That would be nice :) . I did tell my mom that if I'm not home for the summer, then come rain or shine, I WILL go home for winter.... my visa would have expired by then so I need to renew it anyway, I wonder how long it takes to renew it? Hopefully not that long....

I better go and do some work.... ciao babes!

No comments: