I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Assalamu'alaikum.....

Omigosh, I can't believe I'm having my first final this Friday! Crap! I can't believe it's already been 2 semesters of me in SI.... it felt like yesterday I was still negotiating with the admissions office regarding my scholarship and now I'm almost halfway done. It feels a bit surreal sometimes.... it should feel like time is moving slower since I'm bored all the time but it's not... of course the fact that I tend to sleep in half the time might have something to do with this. Oh well....

I got nominated as VP Operations and External Affairs/Social Chair for the SIGN (SI Global Network) organization. Woah! Hahaha.. it's kinda funny when you think about it. I mean, I was Rush Chair for Phi Rho, yeah, but that was the last time that I was ever active in something. Wait a sec, come to think about it, Phi Rho, UMIMSA and the SI organizations are the only ones that I participated in .... so being an officer in 2 out of 3 things isn't that bad now, is it. UMIMSA never nominated me for anything, boo hoo (yeah right... with all the "drama" that I keep seeing or even getting involved in... I think I can safely say I'm not too dissapointed now), hahahah, main jek. Of course there were more qualified people than me. But I'm excited to get nominated, even if I'm no picked. It shows some vote of confidence in me :) . And I'll get to plan fun social stuff again! Yay! That would be awesome :) , I hope I get it.

On a not so fun side.... I'm hating my SI 503 class. Everything goes so fast, it's like a blur. I would be lucky enough to even be able to do half of the stuff in the take-home midterm, let alone all of 'em. My classmates keep saying "Oh, you computer science people should know the portion that D is teaching right now".... ermm... so not! People have different methods and interpretations in teaching things, even in technical, quatitative areas like CS. The new stuff that I'm learning is clashing so badly with the "old" stuff that has been hammered in my head for 4 years. It's insane! And with finals coming up! Aiyoh!

If I'm still in AA for the summer, I am definitely gonna plan on going out of town for Memorial Day. Miami maybe? I dunno, I'm trying to convince Afzan to stay longer for the summer and not go home that quickly, since once you're back home and "stuck" in Malaysia, it's hard to get "unstuck" again. We'll see how that effort goes, LoL. Afzan, balik lah lambat2 sket! Waaahhh! The rest of the people are going to the Midwest Games, which is held this year in Wisconsin. Honestly, I really don't know anyone in Wisconsin, so there isn't any point really in me going now, is there?

Just wanna tell my lil' ol' buddy who's gettin' screwed by his sponsor to hold on to his sanity and pray that everything goes okay :) . Hopefully they'll be reasonable.

Now, off to work!

No comments: