I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, January 06, 2006

First Day of Class



Assalamu'alaikum....

Baru cuti sekejap, dah start kelas. Today is my first day of class, pretty interesting if somewhat packed. This is going to be a hard semester because all of my classes are project oriented (due to my very conscious desire of wanting an internship). This semester I'm taking:

SI 502: Choice and Learning
SI 503: Search and Retrieval
SI 622: Evaluation of Systems
SI 646: Information Economics
... and of course, one dance class (no, not Javanese Dance, unfortunately)

Taking a dance class each semester is so routine that even when I can't fit in the Javanese class in my schedule, the priority was finding something new. And fresh. Preferably a class with not a lot of guys in. Nope, not ballet again (ugh). I picked one, but I'm not telling till much later when I know I'll be sticking to it.

I love being here. So many things to learn, and even though I'm physically and mentally tired all the time, at least I know I'm making the most of my two years. I hope I just don't keel over in exhaustion in the next, owh, two weeks, let's say.

Here's a tip for CSI lovers: do NOT eat dinner, or anything, while watching the show. I was downing a plate of chicken l'orange (courtesy of Stouffer's) when the screen showed maggots.... lots and lots of maggots. A screen FULL of maggots. Crawling on a college boy's face. He FELL into a pit of maggots!! An he was alive... and opening his mouth. A maggot almost crawled into his piehole. Belurghhhhhh. Eww eww eww.... I hate maggots. College boys... not so much :).

After much debating and drooling, I finally got my iPod Video, a slim black thingamajig gadget worthy of infinate care, love and affection. I lovingly named it iPink, despite the fact that it's as black as night. I realize now that it's not that hard to name an Apple-made gadget. Just pick something and put the letter "i" in front of it. For instance, I could've named it "iBoogerinmynose" ... if I was a disgusting boy. Or iAmaskinnyblonde if I was Paris Hilton. You get my drift by now, I hope.

Okay, I have to go to sleep now because tomorrow is an early day. Toodles darlings!

Wassalam...

No comments: