I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

CURRENT LOVE : THE CHLOE PADDINGTON BAG


I'm a big believer in one bag for all occasions. Unfortunately, I never had a big budget for bags, and my favorites always end up in shreds (broken straps, hole on bottom etc.). It's extremely frustrating. I've always wanted that perfect, perfect bag where it's big enough that I can put all my junk in it, yet stylish enough so that I don't look like a bag lady carrying a big sack full of s***.

After searching and searching and searching for, I have to admit to this, brand-name bags (I figured they wouldn't have steller reputations for nothing now, would they?), I finally found the perfect one. I was eyeing this gorgeous, cute Dior Girly Boston bag for the longest time, but I forgot all about that when I saw this: the Chloe Paddington bag. Oh...my...god. It's perfect. It's made out of kid leather, which is ALWAYS buttery soft, and it has this wonderful look and feel about it. It is just... gorgeous. Too perfect.

I don't know how popular Chloe is back in Malaysia, but it's a pretty big brand in the UK. In the US... hmm.. not so much I think, even though it does have a steady fan base. People here are still obsessed with Loius Vuitton, Gucci, Coach.... My favorite was, before this, Dooney and Bourke, but the Paddington just blows everyone away. It's just gorgeous. I know Mischa Barton likes it (note exhibit A):




The color that she's carrying is the one that I just bought from Ebay about half an hour ago. I'm so excited. Cost me quite a bit, though it's still cheaper (wayyyyyyy cheaper) than if I had bought it at a retail store or even if I had bought it back in Malaysia. I like it, it should last me for quite some time, Im gonna carry that bag till I wear it out, mark my words. However, it being leather, it should wear out nicely. The only thing that would concern me is the smell, hope it's that nice buttery smell and not the disgusting pungent one, ewww.

I'm excite, I'm a bag freak and if I can get away with owning every single bag I've fallen in love with, I would. But my bank account isn't that big (too bad). Can't wait till it comes!

Here's a few other favorites of mine (in no particular order:

Dior Girly Boston








Hermes Birkin








Marc Jacobs Anouk bag











Louis Vuitton Monogram Cerise (I like every bag they have in this design.. the cherries are so cute)












Marc Jacobs Sophia













Enough for today :) .

Wassalam..

No comments: