I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, October 25, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

Oh my gosh, I haven't updated for quite some time now. Sorry for that, been busy lately. Actually, I still have a bunch of stuff to do for this week, but I decided to take a break and pen in some stuff before people start complaining again, hahaha. Shut your yappers.

Anyway, my EECS final project is going on pretty slow, at least on my part. My fault, of course, I've been busy with other stuff, lately, to be exact, I've been busy with my architecture project. It's supposed to be an easy A, and I do not want to mess up. I'm determined to do well, regardless the fact that my lecturer is a tad bit more fussy than last semester's professor. Never fear, I will prevail.

Wish I have that kind of attitude for my final project. Amazing, there are times that I just wanna give up, but lo and behold, suddenly everythng makes perfect sense. And while that's supposed to make me happy, it doesn't, because then I'd feel like the challenge is over and I have nothing to look forward to. Ah, humans, we're never satisfied with anything.

I'm just so confused right as to what I wanna do after I graduate. What I really wanna do is go to grad school. I want it so bad, it hurts. But looking at my results, it's average at best. And I really want to stay in Michigan and do grad studies here. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. I don't want to sound too much like Gloomy Gus, but that dream seems to be further from my reach day by day.

Okay, on to more "sunny" subjects. How about football? Hahaha... Michigan against Purdue last Saturday. I had to do the tailgate at Pierpont on Saturday, so I get to watch the game guilt free since it's part of my job. I get paid to give people free drinks, chips and watch TV. Great life. Dennis told me that I HAVE to watch the game. According to him "Good things seems to happen when you watch". Well I don't believe that, of course, but I watched anyway because I do like watching a good game, and I usually try to catch them whenever work permits. Wish I did get season tickets, this being my senior year and all, but while watching the game on TV is fun (especially when Dennis is there to explain stuff to me over and over and over...) , I can't imagine standing for hours on end in the middle of a big crowd like that. I'm sure it's great fun, but even the thought is enough to make me claustrophobic, I would have probably ended up not going to most of the games. Hats off to those willing enough to brave the crowd.

I'll be manning the Tech Day booth with Genevieve on Nov 6th. Tech Day is basically when students put on displays for little kiddies so that they would be interested in majoring in an engineering field when they get older. I'm excited, I love doing booths. I was really sad when I couldn't help with the Malaysian booth for the South East Asian thingamajig, but I had to work during the whole damn time. Oh well. Sometimes I wish I was an officer, but I wasn't sure what to expect, so I decided to forgo that this semester and slowly ease into the whole activities. Don't wanna overdo it now, do we?

I'm probably gonna get a lot of grief over this, but on the way back home from the Islamic Center just now, terserempak dengan Apu. He reminds sooooo much of Someone, the resemblance is quite uncanny. As a result, I message that Someone to say hi. Don't get any ideas, people, Someone and I are just friends, but we became friends under the weirdest circumstances.Ah, the good old days when the heart is young and everything is rosy and liking someone is as simple as saying "I have a crush..*giggles*" to your roomies.

Okay, I'm rapidly becoming sleepy, and tomorrow morning, I'm driving.. somewhere. Hehehe.. I'm keeping that detail under wraps, *wink wink*. So I better go do my prayers and get some shut eye...zzzzz...

Wassalam...


No comments: