I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Monday, October 18, 2004

Assalamu'alaikum...

My head is spinning so bad..... I'm currently working on the user interface for our online advising website.. wait, did I ever mention this? Okay, for my EECS 497 class (think of it as a senior project, because it is), me, Kate and Liz (we're one out of the two all-girl groups that exist in that class) are working on a web service that lets EECS students schedule advising sessions online. Apart from that, we're letting them view their past advising transcripts and upcoming advising sessions. We're gonna have a website that explains the project itself, but for now it's not up and running yet. So bear with my meagre explaination.

I'm doing the user interface, and so far, my progress has been sloowww. Like really, really, slowww. Today, I finally managed to get the damn navigation bar to appear sorta okay, but it materializes only in IE, not in Firefox or even Netscape. And I haven't tested it with Opera, Safari and all the other browsers that I know I have to test with but for the life of me can't remember. Creating CSS style sheets is such a pain. Having to make everything standards compliance is enough to give me nightmares. I haven't begun to find out how to use HTML Tidy yet yet (more about that later...). Thank goodness for Google, I managed to get out of my predicament by Googling some stuff (like the nav bar). Unfortunately, when something fu***s up, and that something is the one you Googled, then you're kinda screwed because you don't know how to debug the dang thing.

Ahh, the life of a college student. I have to download like 11 browsers into my laptop just for this project alone. I wonder how else I'm going to *hentam* my darling lappy with next semester when I (hopefully) work with Soloway. Maybe he'll let me use a PowerBook. Yumm... that would be niiice....

I love everything and everyone, even though people in general piss me off because we have so much hatred in us it's disgusting. We need to start treating each other better, especially bulan Ramadhan nie. 'Cause if we can't even be civilized during Ramadhan, then we're basically screwed for the rest of the year.

Wassalam....

No comments: