I'm moving my updates to a different blog, http://www.farah-faisal.blogspot.com, since it's an easier address to remember and spell. It's been a great ride updating this blog, hope you'll follow me on to the next chapter!

Friday, April 09, 2004

EASTER WEEKEND!!!

Assalamu'alaikum...

Currently at work right now, feeling guilty because I was MIA on Tuesday. Yesterday's Tech Com 281 presentation sucks, aaaarrghhhhh!!!!! I hated it. I'm so not good as bullshitting about stuff in front of people, I need facts and lots of them, then I can present. But to tell me to "wing it" 5 minutes before presentation is guaranteed to make me wanna pee in my pants.

Talking about pants, I seriously need to go shopping and buy myself some fat pants. Not exercising for 3 months = extremely huge hips that won't fit into my jeans anymore. Dang it. I hate being a CS major nowadays because it means I have to concentrate on what I have to do instead of what I wanna do. This is probably why I was so hell bent on joining Phi Sigma Rho in the first place just to force myself not to sit in my room and worry about the never ending homework and studying.

I wonder, do any of my fellow female Wolverines feel like raiding Briarwood Mall or Arborland tomorrow afternoon? I feel like going out (and buying some fat pants or sweats) and just blow off some cash tomorrow…. maybe even go to that new Oxygen bar that had just opened. No, dummy, it’s not a real bar, it’s a place where you go and breathe specially formulated oxygen (weird eh?). It was all the rage in Hollywood, and now that it’s not quite so fabulous there anymore, of course it found it’s way to Ann Arbor.

I read in the paper the other day that Ann Arbor is the 6th least stressful town to live in. Uh-huh. Try going here and see how “un-stressful” our lives really are. Just because we don’t have honking cars all day or 24-hour bars or a strip club for every square mile, doesn’t mean Ann Arbor is sooooooo desirable to live in. Rents are high, everything’s expensive, eating out can cost you an arm and a leg and malls here are no taller than 2 stories high. Don’t get me wrong, I do Heart Ann Arbor (like the t-shirt), but it’s kinda ridiculous to name it 6th Most Desirable Town To Live In. Oh well…

Okay, I need to get back to work. Ciao! Trust me, I’ll pen in again in, oh, let’s say half an hour.

Wassalam…

No comments: